Collins vs Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JayMizzle, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayMizzle

JayMizzle Camp Fodder

To me this sucks:moon2:

It looks like a slap in the face, if your Vince Young, and to your defense it says "no pressure" next year filling that void. What happened to Vince Young getting his reps and being our quarterback of the future. How can he mature and gain experience on the sideline when the job was his at first. Yes I understand Collins came in and did a decent job but ultimately we lost in the playoffs to a team we should've beat and we should've been in the Superbowl versus the St. Louis Cardinals. I'm just saying.

I wanna see Vince out there every once in awhile, I mean that play on 4th and 1 Baltimore game. I would've put in the shotgun and let Vince be Vince. Not Kerry Collins, whom can't move when defenders are blitzing him. I'd rather count on VY to do his dance all over the defense, especially with Chris Johnson also in the backfield. That's a dangerous multi-dimensional combination.

Tell me are my sentiments wrong?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Vince probably will never be ready, but one thing is for sure - he isn't ready to start next year.
    He slapped US in the face when he acted like a cry-baby last year, and wouldn't go back on to the field.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Did you see any of the games last year?
    We wouldn't have made it to the playoffs behind Vince. Give it up.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Why not? He may not contribute the same things as KC, but he can definitely contribute. We made the playoffs in a MUCH tougher division with a MUCH weaker all around team the year before behind Vince. Putting up KC numbers shouldn't be too much to ask. And the few games that KC's passing did win it for us, well that's when we see what VY can really do. Don't forget, he has helped win several HUGE games for us, it's funny how short the average fan's memory is.

5. Deuce Wayne

What game other than the Texans one did Vince "WIN" for us? Maybe the Giants game, but that was just as much Pacman as it was Vince.
    How'd he do vs the Colts this past season?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wish I could slap Vince Young in the face for the cap space he's taking up. I can't see how anyone could be a fan of his behavior and his work ethic. He has been put upon this pedistal, a god-like creature.

Truth be told, I watched the Rose Bowl, it WAS amazing. It was college football. The last straw for me was when I booed him off the field against the Jaguars, and then saw Kerry Collins drive down the field to beat our division rival. He has a lot of growing up to do, and owes our organization so much for the turmoil he has put it through.

7. Deuce Wayne

He's spoiled. He was like the 8th grade bully that had it made, until high school came. And when "just winning" wasn't so easy, he didn't know how to take the criticism.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We wouldnt have made it to .500 if not for CJ.

you can fight over Vy and Collins all day, but CJ changed everything imo. Collins couldnt have taken us to the playoffs with White and Gage only.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's just crown his arse? C'mon. Every player on the roster should EARN what they get. Young was anointed by Bud his rookie season (probably too soon) but he played himself out of a job. If he is what the Titans thought he was when they drafted him, he'll do what it takes to push Collins and make a case for himself.

As it should be.

10. Deuce Wayne

And...for the record, he is who I thought he was.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar