Collins told he will be Titans starter in '09

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bottom line is Collins has spoiled the entire Titans team , staff, coaches, owners and the fans.

With Collins we can move on from the QB issues and focus on what else the team needs to win the SB. Lets keep Collins a couple more years and let Simms be the #2 QB and learn from Collins. I think we need to trade VY and get the whole thing behind us. It's time to move on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Well i thought this was interesting:

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Tennessee Titans have no plans of trading or releasing QB Vince Young this offseason.

If Fisher does plan on keeping him, the question is where is he on the depth chart?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's be clear on something here, folks. Young can't be traded because no one in their right mind takes on that contract. Second, he can't be cut because of the cap hit.

Unless he retires and gives a big chunk of his signing bonus back to the Titans, he'll be on the roster next season.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

what about the 2010season? i dont mind him sitting on the sideline another year as long as he stays in the shadows. i think Collins and Simms could move us along until we are able to cut ties with VY. If we are willing to let someone wait and learn it should be Simms and not VY.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Everything changes in 2010. Young gets too expensive to pay unless he's a quality starting QB.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yea, I can't wait to see how Matt Ryan pans out, I really think he learned a lot from the sidelines this season.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

NFL total access report on VY today, Adam Sheftner in this clip says Collins is coming back as the Titans starter and VY is gonna back him up. Interesting.....

Fast Forward to 2:10 for VY report

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e5d8e3

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah because every single rookie QB coming into the NFL not only comes out like Ryan did, but more or less turn around a whole franchise too.
    You're right. Matt Ryan is just your run of the mill rookie QB. He's not a rarity or anything. Oh, even Vince was awesome his rookie year.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have felt Simms is a Fisher reclamation project from the moment we signed him. I believe Simms also knew this and that is why he signed with us rather the other teams that showed interest (?KC, others?).

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I just wish we had an example of a successful QB that is similar to Vince. Maybe Tebow if he comes out and succeeds in 2010, but I think the drastic underachieving of 'athletic' QB's will lessen their desire in future drafts; ie Tebow.

It would make us Vince 'haters' much more optimistic about his future and the Titans. It's like being hyped about a guy at QB JUST because he's 8 feet tall and can see over the offensive line...some praise him JUST because of his height, without regard to his actual ability to read a defense, or protecting and throwing a football, which are the true measures of a quar-ter-back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar