Collins told he will be Titans starter in '09

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think Fisher may have based his decision on info he culled from GoTitans.com.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

or this is just more Fisher bs.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:yes:

Come back KFC!!! We'll even drop the F if you do!!!

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Please explain

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hmmm, the reference that always comes to my mind is "this will be an open fair QB competition" from the 2006 preseason. Volek goes 1-1, TD. Collins plays crappy. Volek gets traded. Collins starts. No competition.

That's just one of many Fisher speak occasions.

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes in September. That goes for most of what Fisher says, I believe when I see it on the field.

And at this point in January, before this Superbowl has even played, I think it is a little premature to say Collins will be the starter in 09'. What if he flat out sucks in preseason? What if another team offers considerably more money for Collins than the Titans do? I just don't see it as much as a true guarantee as a PR move to influence Collins to re-sign with the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think he might be throwing it out there....to see what VY does? I mean, if he is really not planning on starting VY, I would rather have his reacting now, than in August when he finds out. Lets see what happens?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Fisher means it.

I think once Collins signs for 2 or more years, then Vince Young will react to it by wanting a trade.

Human nature.

Until he signs though, it shouldn't garner very much reaction.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"However, the team has a desire to re-sign Chris Simms, who was the third-string quarterback. Simms also is set to be a free agent, but the Titans believe he showed tremendous progress throughout the season in practice and believe he is now fully healthy after complications from having his spleen removed during the 2006 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

Awesome! Start Collins move Simms to 2nd and trade VY.

i would love that move!

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have no problems with Simms. In my mind if he had to be the #2 he could be. But he's a great third stringer no matter what. And I do honestly believe that Phil Simms helps the whole team, not only with advice, but he's good for marketing. So there is real value in having Simms on board because of dad too. It's all good if he does sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar