Collins out 'several weeks', Rusty #2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

Rusty is a bum, after this season we draft a big time QB.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Get that rational, well though-out post off my gotitans.com!!11!!!!1!

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

hahaha See this what pisses me off you just compare Rusty Smith to Tom brady hahahaha.

Tom was playing vs real teams like ohio state ect... rusty was playing vs middle tennessee,florida international games where he lost cmon.

4. TitanicOwl

TitanicOwl Starter

I figured this would be a good time for a long time reader to join up the forum. I'm the one lucky Titans fan from South Florida that got to watch my college (FAU) get their first ever draft pick go to my favorite team. It was a surreal moment.

I will say the Rusty hate on here is kind of strange, seeing as he's never had a chance to do anything outside of a few preseason moments. I'm guessing there's some closet FIU or Troy fans on here (our school's main rivals). Sure his stats were helped by being in a weak conference, but he did not look out of place when we played our annual body bag games against school's like Texas, Nebraska, UF, etc.

I'm a broadcaster at FAU, so I've gotten to watch Rusty over the years. He will definitely give you that big time arm that the report talks about. He's got a gun, and he's pretty accurate too. He's also big, which should help him avoid batted balls at the line.

He's not going to outrun anybody (we almost all fainted when he scored on a design run from about 12-14 yards out a couple of years ago). But he's a smart kid, and don't forget, he's been coached by the great Howard Schnellenberger who's got a pretty good track record with QB's.

I've obviously never wanted a player to succeed so much in the NFL, and I'm not sure why anybody who is a fan of this team wouldn't want the same. He's a great kid and I really think he's got great potential to be somebody in this league.

Go Titans! :logo:

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

There isn't a lot of hate for him here. What there is a lot of here is people like Costarica and his new sequel section334 or whatever who can't see that liking Rusty doesn't have to mean you hate Vince. Just like liking Mariani doesn't mean you think he is currently Wes Welker. The exclamation mark crowd just can't seem to grasp that any better than Costa has grasped basic English.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Rusty is a 6th round pick. If he pans out, it's gravy, if he doesn't, oh well move on.

Maybe he turns out to be Billy Volek/a serviceable backup, which is OK too. He is a project QB for Dinger.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. costarica2

Well I have news for you guys his not gonna play one snap this year or ever in the NFL mark my words sure we all love players from our schools to do good but tell anyone who's not a titans or FAU fan or even some of us Titans fans that Rusty is a starter in the NFL and they will laugh at you.

This team has bigger issues to solve and I for one I know that rusty is not gonna solve them not now not in the future.We are to good to leave our season on the hands of Rusty.I don't HATE the guy he looks like a nice person but I don't want the TITANS to lose.

8. costarica2

A emergency backup at best I do agree with this but a starter NO way no how.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're continually missing the point that no one is saying he IS an NFL starter. Only that he could, potentially, develop into one someday. Or he could just be a serviceable backup. Or he could be a complete scrub like you're saying. Nobody knows at this point.

In reality, you are the one who looks foolish here as you seem to be saying you can predict the future. You just know he won't ever be a legit NFL QB, despite the fact that he hasn't played a single snap in a meaningful game. No one here is saying he's definitely going to be our franchise QB. All I've seen is hopeful optimism.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

That's a pretty bold prediction. If he plays one snap in mop-up now or over the next 10 years, your word means zero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar