Collins our QB of the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Unbelievable.

Collins has done nothing wrong yet some of you are already thinking about Youngs return.

The difference between the two is night & day.The speed at which Collins went through his reads to find a man yesterday was lightening fast. Against the same defence Young would have been overwhelmed & turnover happy.

I'm no Collins fan but right now I take him over Young.Is it a coincidence that our supposedly terrible group of receivers are now making plays with a different QB throwing to them?

Young's best chance at coming back with the least controversy is in 09 or later.His psychological issues won't surface again until he's reinstated as the starter,we simply can't afford to gamble on him with the position that we're in.

I wasn't impressed with him sat listening to a walkman most of the times we saw him on the sidelines.No play book,no coach interaction yeah he looked really focused & ready to return.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like Collins and hope we stick with him as long as he keeps managing the game. I am also not ready to call VY a bust yet. If Kerry goes down, or starts screwing up, I hope Vince steps in and keeps getting better.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

seriously? that's sickening. that's not winning my fan love back, that's for sure! :sad2:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Channel 4 did a segment on that last night. It showed Young listening to his Ipod, never going to interact with Collins, Simm or the coaches after the offense came off the field. They said even though he wasn't playing he should have been down going over the photos with them.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

be patient...the future isn't over yet

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Tennessean reported he was listening to the plays. If he was listening to music, then he need to sit at home with his momma until he's ready to be part of the team.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I don't want young back yet, and I think we should keep Collins in for the forseeable future, but I do know that our offense is that much more productive with Collins in than with Young. I just don't think we can know because in this one season, Young has only had one chance against a very good defense. We don't know how he would have played against these other teams. Right now, there is just not enough evidence to base these decisions on. It is not like Collins is lighting things up right now. He is managing the game and not loosing it for us, while our running game and defense get the job done. That is great and we need to keep it going. But Vince Young is still the future (maybe next season or late this one) of this team . . . the description of him on the sidelines is a bit disconserting though . . .

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets just go ahead and say he's our solution for NEXT year and we draft a QB mid round this offseason

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Um, I have been watching the following *extremely athletic* and who *always seem to be tucking the ball and running* QB's win Superbowls, these ARE in order. Which of our 2 current quarterbacks fits into this group best?

Eli
    Peyton
    Big Ben
    Brady
    Brady
    Brad Johnson
    Brady
    Dilfer
    Warner
    Elway
    Elway
    Favre
    Aikman
    Aikman
    Rypien
    Hostetler
    Montana

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

[​IMG]

Ten yard penalty for logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar