Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Collins our QB of the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. fryjr The FREAK!!!!

Moolah:
    $0
    I hope we can sign Collins to a backup role. I have seen this guy play since college. He isn't our answer at QB. He has played well thus far but it won't last. VY is our QB for now...
  2. kak23 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    No, Kerry Collins is our QB for now...we're hoping Young is our future.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Being a pocket passer doesn't mean a QB is any safer. Palmer and Brady were both knocked out of the season while in the pocket. We've seen Schaub go down to injuries twice in the last couple of years after sacks. Frerotte was hurt due to a sack this past Sunday while in the pocket.

I would debate the opposite is true because many pocket passers lack the ability to make a defender miss and take more punishment as a result. Few have the smarts to throw it away instead of trying to make something happen.

I also don't buy into the injury issue with running QBs because it's not like they run that often. Even in his rookie season when he made one read then took off, Young ran an average of 5.5 runs per game.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I think it was the Niners game in '99, wasn't it? O'Donnell won it and then went into Jacksonville to kick butt.

I don't remember how his back was injured though. If we want to go into researching McNair's injuries in and out of the pocket, it may take a while. Needless to say, he had plenty in both.
  3. titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Moolah:
    $0
    i remember reading somewhere that when he hurt his back he couldn't sit on the team plane for a certain amount of time or it would lock up
  4. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,185
    He did have plenty...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3114/injuries.html
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,164
    yeah, i was wrong about the year, the ankle and finger injuries were in 2003, not 2002.
  6. vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Moolah:
    $0
    OK. I figured.
  7. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    ...and for years to come. :wink2:
  8. DJB Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $559
    Let Collins walk at the end of the year if he wants. He's not really that good a QB. He as good as he's ever going to be and he's mearly average. I feel like VYs issue are for the most part things that can be worked on and improved. Collins hit his ceiling long ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.