Collins Invited to the Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Eddyc85, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Am I the only one concerned that he only got sacked 8 times and ended the season with an 80 passer rating?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If by a couple you mean once (305 vs. Denver) with 2 picks.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince had a stretch of 4 games with 245+ and we lost three of them. so big deal if he got a bunch of yards(collins in the playoffs)

the difference between young and collins was minimal. vince had a better completion % and yard per attempt in 2007 than kerry had in 2008. kerry had 100 more yards passing but 30 more attempts.

the difference was turnovers, that's the only reason people prefer collins to young. nevermind collins has been one of the most turnover prone starting quarterbacks in his era. do you really think he can do that twice in a row?

the job should be an open competition in training camp and pre-season. unless kerry is afraid of competition and wants the job handed to him, otherwise he'll quit....i mean retire.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So? He wasn't last year and yes I do think he can do it again. I'd have more faith in him than Young.

There's only one QB on this team who quits and it's not Collins.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

everyone knows he had more dropped INTs than actual INTs completed. there were at least four against the packers alone.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm sure Young didn't have any dropped interceptions though. :rolleyes:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Is dropped INTs a stat? ;)

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Now that would be an interesting stat. I'm surprised they don't have it...they have stats for just about everything else.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's a major reason for the lack of sacks. The steelers said that.

Vince in less than 2 full games games of play had 3 sacks. Kerry in 14 full games had 8 and vince didn't play the ravens or the steelers. Clearly kerry was looking to get the ball out and avoid sacks. By throwing the ball away to avoid a sack it hurts his rating.

I'm sure you are aware that our 2 outside Wrs only caught 40% of the passes thrown their way. Maybe that also is a reason for the mediocre rating.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Comparing cassel and collins and the different approaches to the game.

Matt cassell was the QB on a team that threw the ball a lot. 7 more pass attempts than collins had with the titans per game.

Now both cassell and collins were among the leagues best at avoiding ints. Kerry threw an int in just 1.7% of his passes cassel threw an int in just 2.1% of his. But look at the sack difference kerry was sacked just 8 times cassel 47 times!

Why the disparity? Simple the patriot coaches told cassel to not take chances with the ball and it was ok to take a sack rather than force the ball. The reason for this is that the pats WRs are so good that the loss from a sack is in no ways as catastrophic to their offense as it would have been to ours. The pats can make a 3rd and 15, we normally cannot. As a result we asked our QB to both avoid sacks AND ints and he did both.

There was a 9 point difference in passing rating between collins and cassel. You send gage and j-mac to cassel's team and welcher and moss to the titans and see if those numbers don't turn around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar