Collins Invited to the Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Eddyc85, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one fumble(on 4th down) and one int with 0 TDs for collins in the playoff game this year.

CLUTCH!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I guess he should have thrown every pass in the end zone and hope gage could go up larry fitzgerald style and catch it.

If we don't fumble the ball away we win that game!

Some people just want to cry like little children over every little thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I consider this injury replacement selection as the joke it is.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If a quarterback started every drive on the 1-yard line and drove 98 yards down to other 1-yard line on each possession, and a ball carrier fumbled the ball each time, then the QB failed?

Interesting assessment.

5. Fry

no, but i'm saying that a performance with a fumble on fourth down in the redzone by collins and an interception in the redzone by collins is not a clutch performance.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Neither were in the redzone.

Having a 2nd year player having his first start in the playoffs, I'm actually alright with just one botched exchange from center, especially one that wasn't a disaster.

The interception was BETTER than throwing the ball away or taking a sack, because it produced the same results as a good punt...and it gave his receiver a chance to make a play, and it was clear JMac didn't read the blitz.

I'm the first to say Kerry doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl, but he played a brilliant game against the Ravens.

7. Fry

i guess it was brilliant by collins' standards...

8. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

You're crazy....he had a very good game against the Ravens... His rating is low because of no TDs and a punt-like interception. In terms of completions and passing and everything he did very well...

We'd all be ecstatic if Young had a game like that against the Ravens....

9. Fry

no we wouldn't. the vince haters would be saying the same things i'm saying about collins.

i remember in 07 when vince threw for 300 yards a couple times and we lost each game. no one was happy about it.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

To me, this is the Tony Romo argument. Tony Romo is obviously a pretty damn good qb, but it won't matter much because he's made some playoff gaffs, and can't win a playoff game. And that is all some people care about.

Collins as a Titan, was supposed to be the answer. But he didn't get it done. He had major gaffs taking snaps and threw an interception when it counted most. Make of it what you will. But those mistakes cost us. The snap hit him in the leg. Early or not. He saw it. He just didn't catch it. The Interception was dangerous, we just got lucky it was not returned because there were two Ravens there and it could have easily been returned, and people are forgetting that one that play, a clutch qb finds his open wr, not his wr who is double covered. So while it may have been a punt, it was mistake. It was an interception on a big play. While you cannot pin this game on Collins, he did not lead this team at the moments it counted most, and that's why he was on the field. He was no Elway. Heck, he wasn't even Kerry Collins. So he played down. Not up. And that's what this is all about. It's true, if we had won he'd be hailed as having a good game, but he didn't, and therefor it was a bad performance on a number of levels for Kerry.

I think the qb rating accurately reflects that. So the statistic is there to back it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar