Collins Helps Titans Go to 3-0 With 31-12 Win Over Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

People like you think it's merely a coincidence that ESPN and Analysts are now big fans of the Titans, yet they weren't high on them being led by VY. Sooner or later you guys will realize that this is not High School and College and you can no longer just put an athlete back there to play QB. He has to have the ability to read and decipher coverages, process coverage fits immediately and make plays with his head and arm. There is a reason it is the hardest position to play in Football, and to throw an athlete out there is an insult to most football minds. People understand that the Titans are better of now with KMFC, because he can make his WRs better by offering them the opportunity to make plays instead of constantly having to make up for their QB. I haven't seen anything since the insertion of KMFC to warrant any fears about our WR corps. This may be the reason our Coaching staff wasn't worried about going into the season with the current group, they knew where the deficiency was, and is. Now if we can only get Hawkins and PWilliams involved, without stunting their growth trying to catch punts by Vince, our future looks much brighter.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Vince has played in many games. BP has been worried for some time. So have I, for that matter. We weren't seeing any progress.

Let's also not forget that at this point, Vince is benched because he's physically unable to play.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't remember any of those ESPN guys picking the Giants to win it all. How everyone there thought the Jags were an elite team. Heck, Kiper almost didn't have William Hayes on his draft list yet he went in the 4th round. Hoge said VY would never accomplish anything yet he said that in his first pre-season. I hate it when some one brings up ESPN and these "experts". They don't know us. Does anyone actually think they care about the smaller market teams? I'm sure they take a good look at us but to them it's the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Raiders, Packers, Bears, Jets, Steelers, Browns, and Saints. Those are the teams they mention the most.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

New england's receivers are MUCH better than ours. I would take Moss and Welker over any of our guys so that's a ridiculous argument you're trying to start. VY had one game with this receiving corps and you've already judged him by that one game. If mccareins doesn't have the 40 yard drop (which everyone can agree was easily a catchable ball) in the first game he puts up roughly the same numbers as collins yesterday, just with one more pick. And the texans D is not that lousy? In 3 quarters against pittsburgh's starters they gave up 5 td's on 7 possessions and roethlisberger had a perfect qb rating. Pitt has showed their last two weeks their offense is not great and the texans made them look like last year's patriots.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I understand that right now he's benched due to injury and I believe he will be the qb of this team by the end of the season. Yesterday showed us that we don't go into conservative play calling in the 2nd half because the coaches don't trust vince young, that's just the way the titans play. Collins doesn't look bad in the first half then we make him stop throwing the ball and he gets out of rhythm. When qb's and wr's get out of rhythm it's hard to complete passes. He completed one pass to a wr in the 2nd half. It's not a coincidence that most of vy's good games were in losses and most of his bad games were in wins.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher believes the old saying that there are three things which can happen to a pass and two of them are bad. The Titans are not going to do much with a big lead except hand off the football. When they do pass, it'll be high percentage stuff to a TE or RB.

As long as the defense is dominating, I don't see the problem with that approach regardless of whether it is Collins or Young behind center.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Whoever the QB is by the end of the year, which will be VY, needs to be able to manage the game. I think that VY tries to do to much. The QB for us doesn't have to put up big numbers like Cutler, Brees, Rodgers, etc. He just needs to keep turnovers low and make good decisions with the ball. Run we he has to and make those passes 15 yards down when he needs to. I have a very good feeling, when VY comes back he'll have a better understanding for the game and what his role is for the team.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Thanks for helping me make my point. It doesn't matter how good or bad your WRs are if you can't get them the ball. A QB should still always be able to hit an open WR, regardless.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

During the Warren Moon era, I felt as though every time he dropped back we'd complete the pass. An incompletion during his era was actually a let down. They were good times.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar