Collins Helps Titans Go to 3-0 With 31-12 Win Over Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Overall a very good game. Like many, I was a little ticked about the second half playcalling, but I guess that is just the way it is.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree, but on the other hand I think we ran the offense that way because we could. We can afford to grind out the clock with a 12 point lead against a weak offense because our D is that stellar, as they proved several times in the second half of that game. Nevertheless, I'd like to see some plays that say 'we want to drive the nail into their coffin' instead of 'lets just hope we can run the clock down' We let them hang around for the entire second half where if we just came out of the gate blasting we could have laid the knock out blow down in the third quarter, then commence with the clock-grinding

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Did you get that, Rolltide? ;)

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Collins got me excited but the Titans offense.
    I believe now!

5. Morph

Morph Revolution

Yeah, the 'let's just hope we can run the clock down' method backfired on us in a 27-26 loss during the 2006 season when we played Baltimore. We just kept giving them opportunities to come back and they did just that. If we would have concentrated on 'driving the nail into their coffin' with a few more points (at least a couple field goals for crying out loud) then we would have definitely won that game. And I know we didn't exactly have some of the tools on the team that we do now but we could have at least attempted to get in field goal range but if I recall correctly we just kept calling basic run plays that failed time and time again.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Teams who play not to lose, usually lose. Fisher is getting a little too conservative, and what happens when we play Minnesota next week and they will stop our run game. We will see if Collins is for real or not.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

If VY put up the same stat line as Collins everyone would be talking about how bad he played. Thats the truth.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's look at reality for a moment:

Collins was 14/26 for 189 yards (54%), 30 yards rushing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 74 rating.

Last season (15 games), Young had five where he threw for more yards. He had a higher completion % in all but one game. He had more rushing in five games. He had a 1-to-1 TD/INT ratio or better in six games. He has a 74 or higher passer rating in five games.

This was a very average performance but Collins also didn't have his #1 WR and the coaching staff went conservative with the huge lead.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It took me a couple of minutes to catch it, but nice sig TJ.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

So you believe people would be praising Young if he had thrown for 180 and a TD with a bad INT? I think Collins was decent. He did somethings that I think Young at this point wouldn't have done....like hurrying the team to the line after J-Macs "catch". But we've all seen Young have similar stats and get blasted the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar