Collins Expecting Defenses to Blitz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The switch from Vince Young to Kerry Collins changes how defenses will attempt to stop them. "Teams will probably come after me a little bit more. Just by the nature of it, I am not a huge threat, obviously, running the ball,’" Collins said. "But on the flip side, that opens up more holes at times and you get more man-to-man coverage. So I think there is a fine line in there that teams play." For the OL, switching from Young to Collins doesn't pose that much of a change. "Obviously there are things we can do with Vince because of his mobility and God-given ability that we wouldn’t want to do with Kerry, but overall our protection doesn’t change much at all," C Kevin Mawae said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

quick dump passes to Cap'n Quick would end the blitz after he goes to the house.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

you said it before I could....

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Let 'em blitz.

Then turn and hand the ball to CJ or LW.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Screen pass their ***...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar