Collie Hit + Results

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Ok I figure this incident is going to blow up so here's a thread to contain it all. First, yeah the hit was bad, but in NO WAY was it illegal or "hitting a defenseless receiver". Period. The first Eagle hit him with his shoulder, knocking Collie into the other Eagle whose heads' collided..that is an ACCIDENT. I can almost guarantee Gooddell will go overboard on this so I'll update the fines/suspensions/new rule book etc..:rolleyes:

Keep discussion here.

Update: No fines, no suspension for Coleman..as it should have been. Just an unfortunate accident, finally some logic has been utilized by the commish.

2. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

yeah it was one of those unfortunate but clean hit.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Like I said before 7 free points for the Colts because of the refs being overprotective douchebags on a hit that wasn't malicious or helmet to helmet and even if you say the second hit was helmet to helmet it was in no way intentional. You can't call helmet to helmet when a player gets pushed into a defender who was not aiming at his helmet in the first place!!

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

My thoughts from the other thread...

Seriously, if Goodell goes overboard with this there needs to be NFLPA intervention or even private lawsuits. Dishing out max penalties for intentional killshots is one thing. Doing it for accidental vicious hits is quite another. That's part of the game. Period. Always has been.

When bad personal foul calls are potentially changing the outcomes of games that's a major problem.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's not what happened.

Collie was stopped in his tracks with the hit starting to turn him away from the 2nd defender Coleman.

Coleman lead with his helmet and the impact also knocked Coleman on his butt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrlzSgurAWg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrlzSgurAWg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good penalty. Coleman's (i think that is Eagle's player name) fault.

Coleman either intentionally was targeting Collie's helmet, or he ducked his head and no longer had vision while leading with his helmet and that is exactly what Goodell is (poorly) trying to convey.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The refs ruled it an incomplete pass and therefore the unnecessary roughness penalty is fine, because he is then a defenseless player.

But to me it looked like a complete pass and hence that, there should not have been a flag, because Collie would've then been a runner and cannot be defenseless.

But regardless, it's classless to buuh of a severe injured player.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I see shoulder to shoulder, he did not lead with helmet. And it was not incomplete, it was a fumble. He took at least 3 steps and was ducking his head.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I was going to start a thread on this myself.

CLEAN HIT !!! I really hope the league doesnt overreact to this play because of its unfortunate outcome

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Are you serious?? The pictures don't do the play justice. He was leading with his shoulder NOT his helmet. After he got hit it changed the angle Collie was falling at which led to a helmet to helmet hit. It would have not been a helmet to helmet hit if the first defender wasn't there.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar