College Football Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by titanthakur, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

[​IMG]

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The epitome of logic? If Ohio State wins the national championship that is proof they did not belong in the playoffs? WTF is wrong with you? It proves the opposite!

And your idea of shortening the season for over 100 teams so more teams can be in the playoffs is moronic. The college football season is about more than the playoffs.

I asked you a simple question. Name the teams that you think should have been in the playoffs that were not included. You failed to name any.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I have no dog in this hunt, but Conference Champs in playoffs for THE Championship.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I responded to you in a logical way, not obnoxious or sarcastic just direct. There is a lot more to consider when comparing 2 teams then just one game. Based on your logic USC should have made it ahead of Washington and Pitt should be there because they beat Clemson(And Penn State by the way). The committee took the full resumes of both OSU and PSU and decided that OSU was more deserving.

Try climbing beyond the level of a 6 year old and your obsession with me being a Bama fan.

FYI Vondy was insulting you and you had no clue.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

By the way those of you who hate Bama should be applauding having OSU in the playoffs because they are probably the only team in this with a pubic hair of a chance of beating them.

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Actually, Penn St is the best team in the Big Ten, the reason I know that is because the won the Big Ten Championship.
    Head to head has to mean something. You could make the fluke argument on any game. If Washington were to beat Alabama, would we call it a fluke and allow Alabama to continue in the playoffs because, everyone said they were better?
    And as to your comparison to what Michigan would to that to Alabama, I would be willing to bet you said the same about Iowa?

7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I agree we need another division. If teams dont have a chance at a title after going undefeated something needs to be fixed.
    16 team playoff wont work. Asking too much of teams, fans to travel etc. Shortening the season would hurt local economies and on and on. Too many issues with that.
    Pretty simple to keep similair structure of bowls and have a six team playoff. 5 conference champs and one at large. Top two seeds get bye weeks. You are only adding two games to the seasons. But you keep traditions like championship games that matter, regular season matters etc.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Typical shortbus rambling, surprised you didn't talk about penises. And yeah, I named 4 teams you just lack reading skills as usual.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To clarify, I don't think you have to shorten the season, not really.

as it is now, you have teams playing 15 game seasons, 1 more game doesn't matter.

But for setting up the playoffs and keeping it reasonable, why not have the SEC scheduled D2 TSU to play AT an SEC school to be determined. So you have a 10 game schedule and then every non playoff team gets one of the prearranged D2 teams to play. Clear as mud?

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Conference Champs should be in... if they don't like it, then conferences should get their **** together.

In my opinion, system should be "fixed" from the bottom up, not the top down.

Set the playoffs, have the conferences/individual teams figure it out from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar