College Football Player's Union?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Razorbacks, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I wonder if this will catch on and how far they will go with it. Also.. this could work out well to CFB or it could work out poorly. I'm also interested to see if the NCAA rule-making machine conveniently spits out a rule against wearing stuff like this.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ayers-multiple-schools-mark-gear-protest-ncaa

The NCPAnow.org website described the "#AllPlayersUnited Campaign Goals" as:
    • Demonstrate unity among college athletes and fans in favor of NCAA reform.
    • Show support for players who joined concussion lawsuits against the NCAA, which could "force the NCAA to finally take meaningful steps to minimize brain trauma in contact sports and provide resources for current and former players suffering with brain injuries."
    • Show support for the players who "stepped up in the O'Bannon v. NCAA, EA Sports lawsuit regarding the use of players' images/likeliness, which could unlock billions of dollars in resources for current, future, and former players."
    • Stand behind individual players being "harmed by NCAA rules."

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I have a feeling these kids will be suspended or lose their scholarship, that's just how sad the NCAA is.

Arian had it right, they own you, and you can't do anything about it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Yeah.. unless they get some folks on their bandwagon that can swing some real money and power around, it probably wont go far

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

post that cartman cbba thing again hahahahahahahahhahah that was perfect

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree, let's say they do stand up to the NCAA which I do hope they do then say goodbye to the scholarships and NCAA wins. This is an unfortunate situation because these players do bring schools quite a bit of money. I only wish I could have had a scholarship, il be paying off my school loan for the next ten years. They are lucky to be getting a free education at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar