Coliseum Officially Renamed to LP Field

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For the next 10 years, the home of the Tennessee Titans will be known as LP Field. Nashville-based Louisiana Pacific and the Titans announced the new naming rights deal, worth some $30 million. "This represents the next step in our evolution," Louisiana Pacific Corporation CEO Rick Frost said. Louisiana Pacific, a producer of building materials and supplies, moved to Nashville two years ago. The company employees nearly 6,000 people in North and South America.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Well thats a yankee doodle ennit

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow they paid a marketing agency to come up with the stunning name of "LP Field"! That name sucks! It has no flair. The collesium was perfect. Guarantee real titans fans will still call it the collesium.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Honestly I applaud them for stepping up and doing what other corporations wouldn't do. To me as long as it isn't "Depends Undergarments Field", it is fine. But it is the slow time of year and folks got to talk about something.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Let them change the name to anything they want but the fans are still going to call it whatever sounds best. I dont remember who came up with it first but if the defense turns it around this year "The Woodshed" will sound great.

6. Yep, thats what I feel about it:winker:

Although the ''Woodshed'' feels a bit naff.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Coliseum will still be the way I will address the place the Titans play. Coliseum is specifically a large theater or sports building: a large building used as a theater or for sports events. A field is simply a playing area: an open expanse of ground kept or marked off as a playing area for a particular sport.

I would have preferred Stadium if we didn't use Coliseum.

8. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

I think LP Coliseum would've been much better...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar