Coaching changes?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What coaching changes do you think are going to occur on the Titans?

I've been scanning the internet news and I came across two interesting comments. Volek made a comment that coaches need to "stop letting things slide around here" and KVB made the following statment regarding where he'll be next year: "It'll come down to where I want my family to be the next few years and coaches and all that. Right now it's Tennessee ... I love it. It's a good place for me,"

I know some of this is because of frustration but these statements coupled with Fisher's admission that he's "lost his team's attention these past few weeks" smells like a coaching change is forthcoming.

How many think Schwartz is gone? Other coaches?

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Dom Capers would be a nice addition as DC (despite his "success" in Houston).

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he coaches the 3-4.

4. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

What about Fisher himself? Id does not take too much nowadays to be on the NFL hotseat. When the 2006 NFL publications are released, I am sure that Fisher will be in the catagory of "Coaches on the NFL Hotseat in 2006".

What will it take (in terms of the 2006 Titans record) to prompt Bud to fire Fisher?

5. Fry

nothing. if fisher doesnt do a satisfactory job in '06 bud wont extend his contract. he's in the last year of his deal, with an option year(i think)

6. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

Didn't know 2006 will be the final year of Fish's contract. With that now known, what record will get his contract extended into 2007 and beyond?

I think he needs at least a .500 record to remain a Titan in 2007 and beyond.

7. Fry

i think 7-9 is acceptable as long as we lose some close ones. its a three game improvement, with the opportunity to win a couple more. jacksonville was in that boat for a year or two. i think they lost like 4 games by a combined 15 points.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think record will be secondary to performance. Meaning reestablishing physical Defensive play and an effecient O. Lowery should continue to be allowed his choice of talent for ST's as this seems to have helped al lot.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is funny for the past few years we were wanting the Titans to fire Alan Lowery, now he is being praised for one of the rare bright spots this season.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it was a low bar to get over - lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar