Coaching candidates and interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. San Diego Vol

San Diego Vol Practice Squad

I'll take G. Williams back

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Ray Sherman huh. Glad to see we're really taking the Rooney Rule seriously. Actually I'm not the rule is a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm black but I wouldn't qualify.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The rule is more commonly known as the Malarkey rule, because it's a bunch of malarkey...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Seriously, it's a joke. There are plenty of minority coaches who would be hired on the basis of their abilities. This rule is an insult.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess it's easy for a bunch of white guys to write the rule off as 'dumb'.

The only reason I can't see it helping is because if a guy is too racist to interview a black coaching candidate... he's not going to hire him due to a great interview.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

It seems you would at least make Gruden and Cowher say no. But I guess that's too logical.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think everybody knows that Fewell is the best man for this job. He could come in and make some positive changes without reinventing the whole team. He had that brief experience as a head coach and has proven himself to be a solid defensive coach.

What color he is matters not at all. He has the experience with a solid record of accomlishment.

If we go with Munch as head coach i won't be that upset if we can get a guy like Guinta here to run the defense. Munch should be able to bring in good people to coach the offensive and defensive lines and he understands the value in that.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Now apparently Ray Sherman says the Titans never even contacted him.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Question: If we upgrade from the inside do they get a longer term? I wouldn't mind having Dinger or Munchak if it was just for one year since we don't know about the labor agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar