Coach Munchak not showing enough emotion, passion or drive on sidelines...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

You are correct but he gets it too. I think the fact he sounds bad and looks lost doesn't help matters.(Go back and watch that wired for sound against the texans...that sent the alarm bell off for me)
    I have issues with our defense sitting in the base against the pass and for sure when someone is running it down your throat.
    Players should get plenty of blame to but, the coaches should put the right players on the field, and put them in the correct positions to be successful. Don't think anybody hates munch but this decision to start Hasslebeck again, looks really stupid to lots of folks. I was very excited about the staff earlier because it looked so much different. You couldn't tell what the play was by the way we lined up. More aggressive on defense. As the year has worn on this team looks like fiser 2.0 and I think that has soured many of us.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Motivating the team to wake-up would eliminate most those.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But as TJ said, does your boss motivate you to do your job?

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can see both sides of this argument. You and TJ are right. But on the other hand, if you can't get yourself motivated to do your job then it is the responsibility of your boss to get you motivated. And if that doesn't work then you will in all likelihood find yourself out of a job. As well you should.

I don't blame Munchak exclusively for the team's poor effort. But at the end of the day the buck stops with him. My biggest problem with MM is he's still missing that accountability he hyped up so much. We have guys out there not giving it their all week after week (we know who they are) yet they suffer zero consequence. And if that is in fact them giving it their all then they just flat out suck and have no business taking up space in the starting line-up, or roster for that matter.

There's plenty of blame to go around though. I just get the feeling that MM doesn't have the full attention of his players. Or else he's just not doing a good job expressing what he expects out of them. It's got to be one or the other because a properly motivated, hungry team just doesn't lay down like that to an 0-13 team. Heck, maybe it's both.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree, I don't think he needs (or shouldn't have) to motivate guys who get paid millions but if they come out like they did against the Colts he needs to do something to light a fire up their butt.
    Make changes, bench players. Don't just bang your head against the wall and hope you'll get through.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Many people here, myself included, are overreacting with the Munchak hate. That no doubt comes from the sheer embarrassment of getting raped by the worst team in the league.

But to answer your question, it wasn't the decision not to start Locker but the decision to keep him on the sidelines until 6 mins left in the 4th. Every single person watching that game knew he was blowing it by keeping Hass in as long as he did. The announcers knew it. And every single person in the gameday thread knew it. As I said in another thread, that was Jeff Fisher loserball 101, straight up. No excuse will make me feel different.

The other thing I'm really pissed about is the lack of accountability and adjustments with the offensive line. They've been AWFUL all season long. And there have been zero changes made. I would buy the "we don't want to mess up pass blocking chemistry" excuse if we were lighting it up through the air. But we aren't. We still insist on running the offense through CJ so what's the point?

I'm willing to give him a pass and see what he does next year but he sure seems in over his head if you ask me.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

AND how does anyone defend starting hasslebeck this week? Anyone? All eyes and ears!

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What? "He gives us the best chance to win" not good enough for ya? :ha:

Seriously though, IF healthy (and I mean REALLY healthy) I guess I don't have much of a problem with it. The Jags are a good defense and could give a first time starter fits. But I swear if I see Hass out there hobbling around I'm probably gonna need a new TV because its gonna have a beer bottle stuck in the middle of it.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's his season, let him finish it is how I would defend it. This was always the season for Locker to learn.

That said, we should not be starting Hasselbeck when he is clearly limited which it's obvious he was last Sunday.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM on the radio now

MH is starting saturday
    MM said changes would be made AFTER the season. Seemed wierdly happy about reacquireing FB Johnson

MM just admitted he will not override Palmer on playcalls. Claims there is not enough time. Said between series he suggests more run/pass but leaves the playcalling to the former HC of the IFLs Hartford Colonials Chris Palmer

MM said CJ is not praticing so far this week. guess that 105 foot run wore him down.

MM claims the ponies took away the deep ball. ADMITTED the Titans wasted too much time trying too RUN the ball - WOW! Should have setteled with dinking and dunking their way down the field. HE SAID THIS PEOPLE

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar