Coach Munchak not showing enough emotion, passion or drive on sidelines...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. I hope Munch doesn't tell Campbell to commit 50 yards of penalties, Mariani to kick the ball out at the 1 foot line, Ayers to whiff on a tackle which allows a huge TD run, Hasselbeck to throw two picks and Cook to fumble the football and fall down in the endzone any more.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Started Locker and it would not have been 6-3 at halftime. Once it was clear that he wasnt healthy and I think they knew that all week, put the kid in. Make the move at halftime. ADJUSTMENTS did not get them. When they are pounding you with the run...stunt.....bringing more people to the line they were not throwing it deep.

Started an injured qb that has not played well since the atlanta game. Who is to blame for that. Dink and dunk offense because the qb is hurt and cannot throw the ball down the field, which made it easier on the colts to stuff the run.

Munch was hard headed about the qb and it cost us the game. We had him running some bootleg plays and rolling him out of the pocket, when we knew from the first snap he couldnt do it. The team was also very flat and that is all on the staff too. Who's job is it to motivate players?

And after all of that he is going to do it again......that is why many of us are not happy. Doing the samething over and over and expecting a different result.

We lost to one of the worst teams ever, and like it or not when you have superior talent and you lose by 2 touchdowns to a team that has not had a LEAD in the last 9 games, I am sorry but it is all on the coach. When an 0-13 team plays harder than your team, thats the coach.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I laugh every time I read something like this. It might not have been 6-3 at halftime, it may have been worse.

4. TitanJeff

Agreed. I thought Hasselbeck was the right call until he was obviously gimpy. But remember, Locker only practiced two days because of his own injury. I assume that is why Munch was prone to go with Hasselbeck and allow him to stay in longer.

Are you currently in a career? Is your boss the one who gets you to want to do your job well? Professionals are self-motivated. None of these players should need a coach to get them motivated.

When you see any rah-rah stuff going on, it's the other players doing it. Lots of shots of Brees or Ray Ray giving the pre-game speech. Not the coaches.

Munch for being bad or Caldwell for being good? The Colts were pumped up which obviously means Caldwell must be a great coach.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Maybe. How many first downs did we have in the first half? When is the last time Hassle lead us on a TD drive? It has been awhile and before he was hurt I believe. I feel confident we would have scored at least 1 TD maybe 2. The colts quit second half game over. Do not know how it could be worse? Numbers do not back it up since the atlanta game. One of the worst defenses in NFL history and cannot get a TD. I do not think we had much over 1 first down in the first half but, I could be wrong.

Worst part of all to me, is we are going to do it again!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not defending the decision. I thought if Hasselbeck was healthy he should have started. I doubted throughout the week he would be healthy though, considering Collins had this same exact injury last year and missed two games. It was clear after the hand-off to Johnson he shouldn't have been in the game.

The point I'm making is no one knows what the outcome would have been had Locker started. For all we know he runs outside of the pocket and gets a strip/fumble Blaine Gabbert style.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hasselbecks last TD came on November 27th

One thing I do know is that Mike Munchak clearly has no idea WTF he's doing. And that's coming from a fan who's supported Munchak since day-1.

Hasselbeck can no longer take the top off defenses because he has no arm strength. That's going to restrict our offense in every way going forwards.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Titan Jeff. 1. The fact that he is starting Matt again this week makes my point not yours. Locker did not appear hurt to me but it was clear Hassle was from the first play and we had him rolling out on Bootlegs.

2. Motivating players .......your point is well taken. Team should have been ready to play. He does not sound very motivating and looks lost but you got me on that one.
    3. Caldwell is terrible. Munch did a poor job sunday and this staff struggles with adjustments, much as fisher's staff did.

I am really ticked off about sunday. But I think the fact is going to do the same thing again this week is what really fired me up. Had it not been for fisher throwing KFC out there week after week, it may not have bothered me as much. No one can make me believe that Hasslebeck gives us the best chance to win now.

9. TitanJeff

Based on what? Not starting Locker? I seriously want to know from many of you Munch haters what specific decisions he's made that has turn you on him.

He's the same coach who many here were praising two weeks ago.

10. TitanJeff

We all are. We should be. But the blame goes well beyond Munch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar