Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Coach-Envy: Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,481
    So Rex is a loudmouthed fatass and Fisher just lacks passion.

That's an interesting world view.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,388
    If I had coach envy it would be for Omar Epps...I mean Mike Tomlin.
    2 people high five this.
  1. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,872
    Have to disagree with you on that. Part of his success is because he makes those guys expect victory.

It's not the same thing to tell a team they can win. They have to believe it absolutely, deep in their sub concious so that it effects how they play without even thinking about it. It is a concept that most successful people have.

I think the way he handled his young QB the last 2 years constantly praising him and telling him he is great and what a winner he is has made him play better than he otherwise would. Sanchez doesn't have to worry about being pulled if he has a 3 int game either.

I don't think a coach has to have that kind of personality or has to deal with the media the way he does but he has made those guys believe they will win from the beginning before they played their first game for him.
    1 people high five this.
  2. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,872

Maybe this year Fisher will have the passion.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,103
    I'd prefer Tomlin to Ryan, but Tomlin also inherited a team that was super bowl caliber.
  4. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,176
    I f***ing love Rex Ryan. True he did inherit a team that was already very close. Plus it helps when you have an owner who is willing to spend money and make trades. I definitely envy what NY is doing.
  5. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,776
    I agree. He has the personality that makes winners. He doesn't give up, he takes the losses on his own shoulders, he makes every player feel he is the best there is. His trash talk is part and parcel of what he is. If it doesn't bother his players, who cares who it does bother. One of the best things I heard about him concerning the game with the Steelers is that he has told his team to 'study, study, and study some more. I believe that is exactly what they are doing this week because he has convinced them that they are the champions and they believe it.

I also think that 'study' is the one thing that makes or doesn't make a team. Pro football is a classroom and if a player doesn't continually do his homework, it shows on game day. Doing only in practice is not enough. A players has to study the play book until it's a part of him, and that is where the QB and other leaders of the team have to step up and be examples. The Titans did not have that this season and you see what happened.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,948
    Best thing that's ever popped out of your head and onto my screen.
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,537
    [IMG]
    2 people high five this.
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,948
    Cool shirt

[IMG]
Thread Status: