Coach-Envy: Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My loathing of The Steelers trumps any other team, coach or whatever. Beat The Steelers this weekend and I'll be a Rex Ryan fan for a week.
    As far as the win over the Pats is concerned, Rex's brother built the roadmap to beat them with the Browns impressive win and The Jets had the personnel to repeat that. More surprising than The Jets defensive planning was Belicheat's lack-of considering who they were facing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wonder how the flim flam foot fan likes a fisting?

Dick LeBeau is about to give him one.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree Cruds, I hate the Squeelers, mostly because of their obnoxious bandwagoning fans. They do have a pretty good orginazation and have done well with maintaining the personell they need for their system....something the Titans could learn from.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:ha: Awesome sig.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm just going to put my head in the sand, not watch the game, and hope all the players involved get career ending, but non life-threatening injuries.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

John Harbaugh walked into New England last year and quietly walked out with a victory. No need to be a jackass about doing what you're supposed to do.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The Jets rebuilt their O-line through FA. They solidified their running game with LT and their passing game with Edwards through FA. They picked up a decent CB in Cromartie through FA. They've leveraged a bit of the future with these players. Their owner isn't afraid to spend and their GM isn't afraid to pick up some former top tier talent now considered "washed up". They've drafted pretty well recently- spent a future pick to move up to get Sanchez. Their coach celebrates with the players like the players. The players definitely have bought what Ryan is selling.

The Jets have definitely had a successful re-build for a Lombardi run. You can't argue with 2 consecutive AFC championship games. However, it wasn't built to last past a couple of years and they will soon return to earth.

I'd be willing to pay for that roller coaster ride if the highs were 2 consecutive AFC Championships.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I wont lie, i wish we had a coach like that, a winner.

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

He really did something in that game yesterday - the guy deserves all the accolades. He outcoached Bellicheat - who hasn't won a playoff game since they took his cameras away.

Rex we sure miss you in Charm City - go win it all!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Think about it. If Ryan wasn't so verbal and maybe weighed 200 pounds less he would be considered a genius among coaches. He out coached the one guy who rarely gets out coached. Sure people don't like Ryan because he is a fat loud mouth but who wouldn't love to have their team beat Manning and Brady and head to Pitt with a shot at a SB?

IMO nobody saw this coming. The Jets went to Indy and beat Manning, went to NE and beat Brady. If they can just get to the SB this team has been remarkable. It has been remarkable already IMO. I'll take that loud mouth fat guy as coach any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar