Clottey vs Cotto. Did you watch?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So we only consider tyson in his "prime" up to age 24 1/2 but duran's fights when he was 20 years older are an indication he was over rated. Ok buddy.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"I only wish he could have fought Tyson when Tyson was in his prime."

You take the 30 year old tyson that holyfield fought and put him against lewis i think lewis whips him. I also think riddick bowe could have whipped him. After all bowe got the best of holyfield and holyfield beat tyson. Bowe was a big strong guy like douglas who would have the ability to keep tyson at bay with the jab and push him away and bowe's power would have been a real problem for tyson.

Tyson was one of those fighters who wilted when he faced real heavyweight who could hit back.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone would have beaten the 30 year old tyson. Did you SEE how he fought? He was done. Going IN to prison he was done. He was killed by people outside the ring. All he did after that was collect paychecks.

But a 20 yr old Tyson was unbeatable. Want to talk Lewis?

Lewis gets KO'd by Mike Tyson here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1gPxK2PUoA

He was the most dominant ever. No question. It wasn't just because he won, it was how he won.
    You notice Evander ducked him his entire career up until he knew he was done, too- right? lol

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So we don't consider tyson's performances at age 30 but we place great significance on his beating a 37 year old larry holmes? Why not match a 30 year old tyson vs a 30 year old larry holmes?

Again why cut tyson slack when he was the reason he declined so far so fast? He is not a victim he caused his own destruction.

Should i cut him slack because he was more interesting in Japanese nooky than training for the douglas fight?

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He actually was a victim. Quite a few times. And he also lost his 'Father'/Trainer right before that fight with Buster too.

Regardless, he's the most dominant ever- whether you think he's the best ever or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar