Clinton Portis still a retard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DCtitan49, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Portis is my boy, get off him, all he was tryin to say is that theres bigger problems, and we only care bc its Mike Vick, and the media is a big part of this

2. still tho the way that these dogs are being treated is absolutely horrible, these fighting dogs are put into rings with beagles to kill them and develop that instict... does that not sound wrong, having a dog that is very kind natured bought to be killed by another dog??

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hate to correct you twice in a week, BP, but that article is about their immediate apology, it's about a week or so old. Yesterday, I believe, Portis "apologized" again. He basically said that he didn't know that animals were so important to so many people, and he should have known better before he spoke about it.

Neither time was an actual or sincere apology really given.

I think it's relevant for discussion because it's a statement on public opinion of dog-fighting. Clearly, a lot of people think it's ok. I, for one, do not, and am surprised that someone can think it's "not a big deal."

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, it's a big deal to me... also there are a ton of clear stats (for you stats lovers) that say cruelty to animals shows a strong trend of developing into violent behavior towards humans. There's a reason it is a felony, while most drunken assault charges are misdemeanors. Portis' comments might just be ignorance, but the public is now clearing up the confusion by stating it isn't acceptable.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Eh, it's no worse than chicken fights but nobody cries about that. (ok, maybe a few)
    People get Pit Bulls mostly to have a tough dog that can rip things up. Some try to play the good guy and act like they're all about saving the Pit breed. It's almost funny. What's so great about that dog other than how much of a BAMF it is?
    I don't condone dog fighting at all, but I mean. It's a Pit owner. What do you expect from the "my dogs so bad" guys. This is stereotypical, i know, but there is a lot of truth in stereotypes.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

unheard of from you.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because you can eat the loser.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I don't complain as much about chicken fights, but they're just as bad. I'd be against any kind of animal fighting that I can think of, they're all pretty cruel.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Man, I have some Mexican friends that own a small restaurant. Their loser chickens make the best fajitas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar