Clayton's right, Heimerdinger is holding back in the preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

What you'll see from this offense during the regular season is what you saw from us during the McNair, George, and Wycheck era. We'll run the ball, play action roll outs, and throw to the Crumpler. Right now, they're practicing a lot situational stuff right now but not the heart of our offense. That's practiced in practice. I honestly believe they are going to be just fine. This is only by opinion but I think it is well back up by the past.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

That was something I considered as well, because the offense we are seeing does not seem to match what Dinger's past should make us believe. Okay, maybe I'm attempting at being postiive for a change...I just want to see Vince use his legs this year, I believe if he does, we will be alright

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No one doubts that the Titans are not scheming a lot for these games. But the concern most of us have is NO ONE is doing serious game planning and they are able to put the ball into the endzone.

It was an issue under Chow and it remains. Will it continue during the regular season? We'll know soon enough. This team won't ever be able to go beyond the Wildcard game if they can't put up points.

4. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I think it will be rough early on scoring tds but they'll get better through the season. We need to master running the ball and getting it to Crumpler on 3rd downs. The Wr's will have to pull through with a couple big plays a game. This is our recipe for success. Field position, special teams, and defense is their MO. I love this type of football, smash mouth.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

LOL "The Crumpler."

Problem I have is maybe it's just me but that strategy seems a bit outdated. I'm not saying it wont work but everyone seems to be winning with great wide receivers (Pats and Moss, Giants and Burress, Colts and Harrison) and we don't have a wide receiver who defenses will respect.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm more worried about the WR's than anything. Planning doesn't matter when someone drops the ball.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

And as much as Vince clearly needs to step it up, the fact is QBs get a little more slack than WRs in this league. QBs have a lot more on their plate so WRs are expected to make the catch when a ball is catchable - not every throw is going be easy to pull in. We're all focusing on his mechanics right now because that's what is apparent - but he really does appear to have made a big leap in the mental game... he's generally making very good decisions. Once that becomes 2nd nature (I expect closer to the end of this season) he'll be able to put the polish on his mechanics and accuracy.

Bottom line is a ball can't hit a receiver's hands and be incomplete. A guy who can stretch the field and scare defenses is great... but a group of WRs who just consistently pull in the ball can be just as good. We apparently don't have that.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I have a feeling that what we've seen is a lot closer to what we got. The only X factor I can think of is Chris Johnson. I think he is going to be on the field a lot, and HE IS a playmaker. Our WR's however, no. There was plenty of opportunities this preseason for execution, and they didn't and don't execute, bottom line. I don't care how much your offense confuses the defense, if you can't catch the ball, it won't matter. I would like to see Hawkins on the field again. Guy has some moves after the ball is in his hands.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Yea I think we are seeing what we have.... I'm just hoping things can get progressively better as the season wears on and we can win a few low scoring ballgames... Jacksonville has been a Vince killer... I just hope for 275 yards running next week.

10. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Didn't mean to write "The Crumpler" however it is pretty funny now that you caught that.

We'll see if it is outdated or not. This game has changed a bit. Maybe others are taking advantage of what they've got but this is what we're going to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar