Clayton knocks Titans for not getting #1 or #2 WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Eh, it's the same thing everyone says. The fact is, it's almost a guarantee that someone will step up this year. It's do or be cut for most of these guys, and they know it. The commited ones will make it, the others won't.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

OMFG !
    we didn't get a #1 or #2 WR ?:hmm:
    in either free agency or the frickin' draft ?:eek:
    :whoop:

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

That seems to be a consensus of most "experts" although they are often wrong. Our front office has made a decision that our current crop is good enough. I would argue that if you are to make an investment in a QB you need to surround him with the tools to succeed. Most experts think we have failed to do that, but the coaches seem content with what we have. I am fine trusting the front office for now, but if we end up realizing it was a mistake as most football people think, people need to be held accountable.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, I would have liked to have drafted a #1 WR, but I've seen enough offenses in my time, including the Houston Oilers, to realize that the system can make WR's that are average into very good WR's. We'll just have to see how this plays out. I think if I can't get a number 1, I'd like some speed to make up for it tho', and I don't even see that out there. That is what scares me most. But I saw McNair's offense take some very average WR's and make them very good in his MVP years. And I hope to see that once again. I hope. If it doesn't happen then we could still go 10-6 with what we have, we've proven that, and that ain't bad.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Also, there appear to be 3 #1's in the next draft, and that may be the time to go get one, especially after noting that most teams were willing to pass on WR's this year, that will likely be the case again next year too. If we really are that bad without a #1, we will be in position to draft one. If we are good, then we can feel good about that, and try to pick up a #1, or #2 WR in the 09 draft.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi7XtBv94pE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi7XtBv94pE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

haha crypt keeper

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Salsburger is an idiot. Clayton is a little better, but not much.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Our team doesn't value the WR position as highly as others. We're not going to invest in it as highly as others expect of us. Frankly, I'm ok with that philosophy. It's a risky position, and the passing game has never been the focus of our offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar