Clash Of The Titxans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

YES!

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Sorry bro, i def don't agree.

He just needs to play well and run hard. He also needs to change up his style here and there and stop looking for the 'home run'. Every so often from a handoff, he needs to just BURST up field (with respect to the design of the play off course) and see what happens. I'm tired of him getting the handoff every time and pausing to see if a long run is there. Patience for a RB is extremely important, but as u know, too much of anything....

Remember when Ringer would sometimes spell CJ, he would hit the hole HARD and often broke off a some great plays / good runs (back when our interior line could block). CJ is smaller and faster, i wanna c him hit the hole every so often like that.

Don't give me that 'CJ can't run up the gut b/c he's too small.' A lot of his big gains back in the day, came from up the gut. He'd get the D's get used to running sideways, then BOOM he'd change it up and just burst up teh middle to the second level for 50+ yards. Also, i remember a time when CJ was so fast, he was strong. He would literally bounce of tacklers b/c of his speed (not strength). I wanna c more of that elite speed as well.

I definitely agree with the 'consistency' thing (-2, 1, 3, 34, 3, -1, etc...) though. That needs to change back to better gains, while still breaking off a big run here and there.

He REALLY needs to improve his damn catching as well, this is a HUGE problem for me. I don't want to see him drop more then 1 pass the whole season.

But i still can't forget how putrid our interior O-line was last year guys, the amount of times the linemen were in the backfield early was down right pathetic and disgusting. Also, its not like its coming from the edges, its up the gut penetration, which accounted for so many of those (-2s). Might i remind you how many times CJ broke a tackle or even two, just to gain 0 - 2 yards?

In the end though, if he plays well (by my standards, not by stat line, or what the press says from watching a couple games and some highlights) and we get 10+ wins and are in the playoffs, then I'm happy.

When CJ got 2K we didn even make the damn playoffs man. McCoy and MJD balled up last year, Eagles / Jags still sucked for the most part. Stats just don matter. I want a solid contributor and a player who helps us win games.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Good thing...:brow:

4. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Whaaaaaaaat??? I didnt know you could post a complete sentence GOT. What no pictures???:disbelief: j/k

5. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Hmmmmmmm..........nope definitely not working.

6. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Who?

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Titans fans dont need to dash Texan fan spirits.... Sept 23rd thru Dec 10th will do that for them. That is going to be the roughest stretch of NFL football Texan fan has ever seen. There may be a 5 game losing streak in there and very possible the Texans will lose 7 or 8 of those games.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it will be very nostalgic for the cows

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Yes... it will remind them of who Kubiak really is and the reason Wade Phillips cant keep a job.

10. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

i drafted the titans defense in my fantasy league so they better not let me down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar