CJ's rushing attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

For all of you who think that all those carries are gonna make him be a lot worse this year, AP had 363 carries (to cj's 358 carries this year) two years ago and still came back with his best year this past year statistically!

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not even worried about that anymore at this point. I'm more worried about the money he's gonna want.

He might be impossible to re-sign. He ran for 2K. He was the Offensive Player of the Year and it ain't crazy for him to wanna be paid like it. It's gonna cost us to keep this guy.

I hope he doesn't try to sit out.

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

What if you factor in receptions? I'm pretty sure CJ was a lot more active as a receiver than AP, but I could be wrong. Regardless, CJ is young and will bounce back fine next year. I just don't want us to wear him out after 3-4 years to the point where he doesn't have that spark anymore, so hopefully he won't have as full of a load next season.

4. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

The thing is though CJ got that many carries but didn't take the beating most people with that many touches get. He had 2,006 yards on 358 carries. That's 5.6 yards per carry. Look at this in comparison to Michael Turner's 376 carry season where he ran for 1,699 yards which comes to 4.5 yards per carry. He was getting hit more and the following year came back with 871 yards on 178 carries. I think CJ will be fine for the simple fact that he didn't take as many hits as a standard 300 carry back takes.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

His head is starting to get a little big

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A LITTLE big?

[​IMG]

It'll explode if he ever wins us something.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, his head is getting WAY to big. He should deserve more money that what he's getting but still, I don't want a jackass on the team.

He should get about 50 less carries this year.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

15 or so rushes and 5 or more targeted passes.

Left Fatboy take the 3rd and 1's, heck he is actually quite good at it.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why are people tryin to make excuses for not paying him or trying to hold him back? He's basically all we got, he DOES deserve the money, and if we let him walk then our organization is a complete joke.

It's like letting Peyton walk because he knows he's one of the best and wants to be paid like it..

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. sucks, he doesn't deserve an extra nickle! Crap, he didn't win Rookie of the Year in 2008, and he didn't win MVP in 2009. He's garbage LOL. Just kidding. He deserves a raise baaaadly, but I hope he doesn't cripple us for the next four years with his salary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar