CJ2k unhappy with the signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

And no, I don't think he is going to lose his starting spot. I'm just saying, if it is on his mind then he will be motivated.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Also, did :cj: not hear Shonn Greene clearly say "this is C.J.'s backfield" when interviewed by Mike Keith?

3. amy

amy Starter

Why would he like it? He thinks he's still young and still fast. What he said is how he feels and why should he sugar coat it? I'm tired of politically correct noise from players and coaches. Tell us how you feel! go CJ! :cj:

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I can't say I blame him for not liking it, even if it is to help him. Anyone on here who has ever played football should be able to admit they wouldn't like splitting plays with someone else. Every players is gonna want all of the reps on the field he can get. Just the competitive side coming out. I would be more upset if CJ didn't have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it.

With that being said, in a way I hope Greene does give him some competition for the starting job. I am not a big fan of scrampy speed backs like CJ. I like smash mouth physical runners who are not afraid to put a defender on his ass (even though Goodell may not like it). If Greene can put up some good numbers this year and CJ doesn't do anything other than his usual to impress the higher ups, I think he could be gone next season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Damn. It's a team sport CJ...we want to win football games. We want to see you rip off 94 yd runs, but Greene can do serious damage in the 4th quarter to milk the clock. This move will also lengthen his career IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

If we continue to address the offensive line in the draft, then there is a "Chance" that we will lead the league in rushing. :biggrin2:

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I see what you did there

9. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I guess I would be okay with a "Star."

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think anyone expected CJ to like the move. And no one is saying he should have. But we're finally putting together a great offseason and surprisingly the majority of the fanbase (myself included) seems really excited about the 2013 season. Then he comes out with this negative BS and throws a wet blanket on it.

Hopefully he'll be a good little soldier going forward but he sure doesn't do himself many favors from a public perception standpoint. It's just dumb IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar