CJ2k unhappy with the signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Pshh who cares! What do you expect? CJ is not the brightest guy out there. Maybe this will light a fire under him. Either way Greene is not that great but it will be good to give him a series after CJ gets two series.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I get the feeling CJ is more concerned with personal glory than career longevity. He views Greene as a threat to his spot in the record books rather than a guy who can help extend his career. The guy clearly does not like to share the spotlight. And even worse he never wants to accept any of the blame that comes along with it.

Meh. Been over Chris Johnson. I just wish he'd learn how to avoid the negative headlines when talking to the media.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I love the pickup and i hope it pisses Johnson off and motivates him this offseason and during the season. I hope he feels that he has something to prove and runs like it. With our improved interior OL their will be no excuses. Early in the year if he shows he can gain the 2-3 tough yards then Greene will get fewer carries. If he gets stuffed on 3rd and short and gives negative runs on 1st down then Greene will get more of the work load.

I don't blame CJ for all the negative runs because our OL was pathetic last yr and their isn't much you can do when you get nailed right as you get the ball.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Personally all of you guys before me said exactly what I was thinking. He was definitely more effective with LenDale, he will be more effective with Shonn Greene. Change of pace and rest is what a finesse running back needs to succeed (along with O-Line of course).

It just really bothers me when he talks negatively in the media. CJ, you're a veteran now, you've rushed for 2000 yards and declined ever since...frankly I don't think he will touch 1800 this year but he can still be a high-caliber running back if he just plays the game.

There is a ton of positive energy surrounding this team with FA/Draft and he comes out with ignorant bs statements.... smh

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Good. kind of glad he's hurt by it.
    CJ is going to be remembered as a 1 year wonder to most non-Titans fans. Even though he's strung a few good seasons together.
    He would have to tear it up for about 5 more seasons near 2,000 yards to be remembered as one of the greats, so he should just zip it.

Go Shonn Greene for 2013!!

Can't wait til Greene gets a Jersey number so I can sport his jersey here at GT. Done with CJs attitude. Maybe we can cut Harper loose so Greene can have his number. It's the only value he has to the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Chris Johnson is all about hisself, drives me crazy. The correct answer should be, "I'll do whatever it takes to win football games"....

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Its pretty simple....only CJ can keep Greene off the field. Run with the legs more...with the mouth less...prove you are who you say you are.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

It's over reactions to quotes like these that make Coaches/players be politically correct on every little comment aka Fisher talk aka "good week of practice". Now I don't love that he's not more open minded to sharing carries but he does have a few points and I'm not going to bash him for speaking his mind.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

This is Johnson's last year as a Titan so I really don't care what he thinks.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Chris is not smart enough to say that in this instance. He's said that before, but he responded exactly how I expected him to to Greene's signing. Everything will be fine. No big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar