CJ2K is ready for holdout.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Honestly how well do you think he's gonna do this season anyway when teams are stacking the box against our inaccurate rookie qb? I like CJ I mean it's been great watching him the past couple of years but as a fan watching him break off those long runs it worries me because that means our offense wasn't on the field long and our defense (who couldn't really stop anyone to begin with) would have to go right back out there with minimal rest. I'd rather us have a big bruising back who could grind out those tough yards and wear defenses out than someone like CJ who for the most part tries to do too much when nothing is there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chris Johnson had the second most broken tackles behind Arian Foster, just sayin'...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/24630/foster-cj-tops-among-rbs-in-broken-tackles

"Foster broke 45 tackles, the most for a running back and a broken tackle on 11.5 percent of his touches. Johnson broke 41 tackles, affecting 11.4 percent of his touches. "

3. amy

amy Starter

"...said he would seek a "history deal" this year."

He may seek but I doubt seriously if he will find. No way is he going to get a 'history' deal unless Bud wants to use some of his pocket money to pay him. I guess the organization can let him hold out until the season's over, then evaluate just how important he actually is. Has something like that ever happened? Or is it even legal?

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only thing that Charles hasn't proven compared to CJ is durability carrying 300+ a season.

In my opinion, that's actually a plus in Charles. If I had to choose today I'd rather have Charles because he has less wear and tear.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Umm in 2008 after his rookie season, he was already in the argument for best back in the league. His 2,000 yd season cemented the notion. He then followed up his 2,000 yd season with more yds than any other back coming off of a 2,000 yd season has had. And did this with an injury, a suspect passing game, and a terrible o line. Also he did this pounding it up the middle. Not tosses and reverses. But with power. CJ isn't a complete back? He has it all, speed, agility, he's harder to bring down than he was his rookie year when he would fall from shoestring tackles. and he has the power to break tackles. He had an above average year that was called a disappointment because he didn't get 2,000 yds again. And he did it while hurt. I'll take an inured Chris Johnson over any back any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nOmVneuXY8&feature=related

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'd go easy on the Arian Foster lovefest for now. Remember, after the 2009 season Steve Slaton was being compared to CJ too. Just a tad premature.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Okay let me say this, hypothetically, he gets the money he wants highest offensive pay out, look at him and how is life style is, HOW DO you know he won't be the next Shawn Alexander, Albert Haynesworth, or like every NFL player who gets paid and doesn't perform the next few years? How do we know he won't do that, is the Titans organization willing to gamble on that with a RB, in which that position comes a dime a dozen?

I know he is a elite RB but RB break down after 4+ years in the NFL but you do get those RB who last longer but not to many. My 2 cents is all.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Well the difference between him and Fat Al is that he has always performed at a high level and not playing for the paycheck. As far as risk. You take that with every player in the NFL. Peyton Manning is about to be resigned for a trillion dollars even though he is getting pretty old. He can get knocked out week 1 and all the money will go to waste. You can't let that factor into your decision. Imo

9. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

That's an easy one. Cuz CJ shows up every season and plays his off. Al only did that in his contract years. Even then I don't even think he played 100%. Cj wants to be or already believes he is the best at something while all Fat Al ever wanted was a check and could never stay out of trouble. I've never heard CJs named mentioned in any off field problem discussions. That's not even a fair comparison.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What is his life style? I don't know him personally, but apparently you do. Please share.

I know he's never once been in trouble off the field and has always produced on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar