CJ vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've seen what some others have posted about the Titans matching up relatively well with the Bills and how they can definetly out-score them even on the road. I agree and I invision Hass hooking up with Washington and Wright frequently - as rookie Kendall Wright leads the Titans in targets. Hass has looked the way of the TE namely Jared Cook seemingly more often than Locker and I can see Cook busting off a long touchdown if getting free on those Buffalo linebackers who will try and keep up with him. Hopefully Kenny Britt won't eat popcorn before the game like he did in Pittsburgh as well. So what I am saying is I can see this as another offensive shootout and I'm feeling a pretty bad defensive game from both teams.

So this basically comes down to the two CJ's. Spiller a ridiculous 7.6 yards per carry, largely thankful to the huge Week-1 and 2 matchups. Then you throw in Fred Jackson and their two headed-monster run game can bw quite scary. On a positive note, Colin McCarthy well be another week closer to full recovery as pointed out during thursday night football's game McCarthy looked a step slow and could not keep up with the Pittsburgh receivers who went over the middle on several plays. So I am hoping for McCarthy to get back to form in Buffalo especially with the extra few days of rest.

As for "our" CJ he has Buffalo and Indy up next and has been running good in his last 2 of 3 games. For those who watched the TNF game and heard Mike Mayock's commentary - he frequently criticized CJ for dancing behind the line and trying to hard for that "home-run hit" and not just the 3 - 4 grind it out yards. For as bad as the O-Line has been, he did make good points that even when they do open up a hole CJ doesn't burst through it like he did in 2009 and 2010. He dances behind the hole waiting for something bigger to develop and instead of 4 yard positive gain it frequently turns into a 2 yard negative loss. I'm sure the coaching staff has been telling him this until their blue in the face so it remains to be seen whether he will ever change or rather continue dancing in the backfield waiting for the "home-run" play.

One of the scary wild cards of this game will be QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Normally known for chucking the ball around the field and putting up a lot of TD's albet it with a lot of picks; Fitz hasn't thrown a touchdown in his last 2 games so im sure he will be hungry to pick apart the Titans "suspect" secondary.

For what its worth the Titans have won the last 4 regular season matchups vs the Bills dating back to 2000 (and then throw in the Music City Miracle Wild Card Game) (The Bills have only beaten the Titan franchise once, a 3-point regular season win in 2000).

Semi-Upset Special; Titans in a wild, wacky, shootout type game.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Their CJ:
    292 rushing yards & 3 TDs in 29 carries (2 games)

before his injury. He's back now... we could be in big trouble.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah the Bills don't have much in the way of "receiving threats" outside of Stevie Johnson, which McCourty or Verner could lock-down - be interesting to see how the run D holds up vs Spiller and Jackson. I just hope the coaching staff doesn't focus 110% of the attention on Spiller n Jackson. Because Fitz hasn't thrown a TD in 2 games and he will be hungry to get on track and pick apart the Titans pass defense especially at home.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I have a feeling you'll see alot of Babineaux in the box. 1v1s w/ Verner & McC on Stevie. We must slow down Scott Chandler, he's their 2nd option... and Fitz seems to love him.

We need a big game for our LBs, no more arm tackles. Can't let CJ break tackles... you have swarm!

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Our CJ has a cooler car....

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll take their CJ anytime, he's better.

But ours will have a better game this week..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

At least our CJ can stay healthy! Also CJ spiller has never ran for over 570 yards in an entire season!

8. JCBRAVE

Wow

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Clearly he is on pace this year if he can stay healthy!

10. JCBRAVE

It's hard to knock our CJ's durability, but since I like bothering you so much, do you recall that Ravens playoff game where our CJ was running all over them then he got hurt, and then waited a few plays then came out and never returned.....? I do.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar