CJ vs Bolt Materializing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Bolt's representatives have been pushing for Chris Johnson race

In response to Thursday's comments from Titans running back Chris Johnson regarding an ongoing desire to race record-setting sprinter Usain Bolt, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Bolt's representatives actively have been pushing the event.

Bolt's people and Johnson's people were working toward setting up a race for charity. Bolt's agent said "[t]here is no truth to the story," and that Bolt "doesn't follow the NFL too closely." So it was odd that Johnson said Thursday that he plans to race Bolt next year. But, apparently, talks indeed have occurred and continue to occur

Per our source, the two sides have not been able to agree on a distance. Johnson presumably wants a shorter race, and Bolt wants a longer distance. The folks at NBC Olympics previously have determined that Bolt's 40-yard split from his world-record time in the 100-meter dash during the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing was "a hair slower" than Johnson's 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine.

SOLUTION - they should run two races and get some other people to entertain for charity. Bolt and CJ could be a very succesful charity event. As someone living in a poverty stricken country, charity is really high on my books. could be a very successful event (CJ (American Fame) + Bolt (World Fame) = Success)

I took out the main parts, the original source is below.
    Source - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...een-pushing-for-chris-johnson-race/?related=1

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I said this months back; C.J. isn't big enough of a celebrity to get 'his' way. He may be huge to us in America who follow the NFL closely, but outside the states who knows who Chris Johnson is? I actually know four people with that name, and none of them matter to anyone. That's C.J.'s problem. If he were better know by the world, this would have already taken place.

I do feel though that C.J. could beat Bolt in a 40 yard race. C.J. hits 5th gear almost instantly and Bolt develops his top speed all along his sprints. C.J. would do well til about 45 yards or so, then Bolt would pull ahead.

I hope it happens, any fame C.J. gets outside of football only helps the Titans image. Biggest concern I have is that C.J. may get a T.O. sized head and float off and become a diva.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Seems to be well on his way.

About the player on the cover of Madden:

Also:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's not a diva tho, he's sure of his game at this point. And deserves a raise.

5. Smudger

Smudger Starter

You would be surprised, but then again only if you were an NFL fan.

Certainly sounds diva-ish, if the reports are accurate. I think if he does take Bolt on it would be a bad move for him, it depends on what the distance is but I think he will have his proverbial rear end handed to him on a plate. It may cool down some of the diva intentions, if any exist.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Always happens to the small school kids. They get good and become full of themselves.

Enjoy him while he lasts, I suppose. I hope he doesn't do the drama-queen act, but if he does- I'll laugh when he gets behind a line that doesn't give him tons of space to utilize his speed. He'll be average if that becomes the case.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

esh, CJ needs to shut up.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My money of whichever of the two is materializing, cause that is a huge advantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar