CJ video ......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bluewaterpirate, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

It's also worth mentioning that, although his yardage total might look impressive, Chris Carr had over 200 kick return attempts in the past three years.....far more than anyone else in the NFL over that same period.

To illustrate what a ridiculous that number is: Carr averages nearly 70 attempts per season. Neither Pacman Jones or Derrick Mason has ever had 50 kickoff returns in a single season. In his two-year career, Devin Hester has returned a total of 63 kickoffs....less than Carr did in an average season.

Hey...maybe CJ can have the best of both worlds: 1600+ yards on 40-something returns. ;)

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I think CJ will not only have more than 1000 all-purpose yards, i think he'll have 1000 yds combined rushing and recieving. Add in returns, and possibly 1750-1900 yards all-purpose total. That on top of what Lendale will prolly put up, seems like a strong foundation for our offense.

nope, didn't know that... never had an urge to look it up. Thanks for dropping some ... knowledge on me :))

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Identify the titans player with the total yardage number from 2006....

I credit nine with admitting that a high total yardage number doesn't always mean much for a kick return man. Wait and see that will be CJ's defense after the end of the season.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

^Totally guessing here.

T Henry

PacMan

VY

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Well, I don't know what I personally will say next year, we're still quite a ways off... But i'm going to jump the gun, and say it now; while he hasn't played a snap, where neither you nor I know if he will be the next Westbrook, or the next Trung Canidate. Nothing either one of us can do about it, so despite what any of us would like to do, we'll just have to wait and see.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobby wade

travis henry

Pacman

Can't really compare a QB in total yards. Bobby wade had over 1000 yards on kick returns that year and 461 as a receiver. Along with some punt returns his total was a very surprising 1600+. The point being that even with pacman on the roster wade had more returns.

Now i doubt if anyone considers wade a first rd caliber guy but he was solidly versatile and was a solid slot receiver for us. Guys like this are out there and maybe we shouldn't have let him go..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I can't believe nobody mentioned this.

The blueprint for why we drafted chris johnson? Maurice jones drew and the way jacksonville used their backs so effectively.

Drew is a better than average runner, receiver and kick return man. He doesn't have to carry the ball 20 times a game because they have a bigger back to get most of the carries so he can do all those different things without wearing down.

Drew last year averaged 10 carries a game, had 40 catches and 800 yards in kick returns for a total just under 2000. His average touches per game? An amazingly coincidental 14.5. Remember they said that want CJ to get 15 touches? That's where they got that!

If CJ is the equal of drew i have nothing to complain about but drew at 10 carries a game isn't even asked to be marshall faulk.

Drew is also built like a rock @ 5'7 212 and is a much stronger player than CJ.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking Dinger will use him to keep teams from stacking it in to stop White.

One of the problems last year is the Titans didn't have anyone who was a threat outside the tackles. Henry took a few carries out there and had a lot of success. If they can put CJ in motion, use him for screens, hit him in the flat, etc. I bet White's average per carry goes up .5.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Is RT still lurking around? What was that, 50 posts to make sure we all know what "all purpose yards" are. :dead2:

Jeff makes a good point about getting the defense to loosen up on the LOS. Also, just about any production we can get out of CJ in the passing game is gravy we didn't have last year from the RB position. The strategy is simple. Give the defense Crumpler, CJ, VY, the WRs and LW to worry about when they make up their game plan and then Dinger can exploit whatever the weakness is. Last year it was simply stop the run and force VY to throw. Nobody could get vertical so our offese was trying to play in a 20 yard area. Dinger likes to play more of a vertical game anyway and I agree with Jeff. We might see LW with far more room to run.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris brown couldn't run outside?

I always thought he could. When cj is in there defenses might have to spread out just a touch but when he comes out and lendale in wouldn't they change strategy? Never could see that concept but it is touching they used a first rd pick to help out lendale....

Sure would be embarrising to see chris carr beat prima flame out for the KR job. Would fisher even allow that?

Nice waste of a pick by the way with chris henry. Good job fellas!:beer2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar