CJ video ......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bluewaterpirate, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Everyone understands that CJ's first three years were relatively unremarkable. Had he been consistently productive for 3-4 years, then he wouldn't have been available at #24. In fact, had that happened, he wouldn't have been available at #10. But the fact is, he was a late bloomer, due in large part to injuries and a coaching carousel at ECU.....and because he was a late bloomer, his draft stock was considerably lower than it would have been otherwise.

I do find it rather interesting that critics have to go back 2+ years to find numbers that support their argument.

Nobody is predicting that CJ will be the next LT or Walter Payton. Nobody has even predicted that he'll win OROY.

We're simply excited because he has a remarkable skill set, a great deal of versatility, and he has the fastest timed speed of any player in the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed, but there's ample reason to believe these skills will translate to the NFL; we're simply expressing our optimism.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When did i compare henry's college career to johnson's? I just made the very factual comment that we drafted the fastest back from last years draft.

Alpha the same idiots who took a player everyone else(according to you) considered mid rd caliber drafted johnson. Are you hoping they get lucky this time or do we have to do this again?

Actually the same exact thing happened to chris henry that happened to johnson a year later. Both were mid rd prospects who moved up with the combine. Johnson was ranked back where slaton ended up(Where he belonged) and moved up only because of the gaudy 40 time that has all but been proven to be meaningless.

If we wanted to add some speed to the team as well as versitility desean jackson was available.

But no i did not want a WR with that first pick i wanted defense. Phillips the miami safety was my top ranked player at 24. Merling, balmer or cason would have been worthy picks there.

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Not calling them idiots :) I'm prolly less than half their age, so I can't quite call them that. My point was that many Running backs were ranked ahead of Henry by alot of experts' mock drafts. We drafted Henry, and he was the 4th to be taken, instead of somewhere like the 9th.

This year, all the backs who were consensusly ahead of him in all of the mock drafts, from scouts and everything, were picked before him. Had Felix Jones been there, or any of the others picked before him been there, our first pick would have been different. But it was clear the Titans wanted a runningback, and had we waited alllll the way to pick 55 to get him, he most likely wouldn't have been there, on the basis he was the best RB available at the time.

Desean Jackson. Drafted by Philly at 49. 6 picks before our 2nd round pick. That is 25 slots later, close to a whole round later than the #24 pick. We don't know where CJ would have been picked, but we know where Jackson was picked. Why so later, for a guy who was so dynamic and playmaking abilities. Maybe it was because he was too small. Make no mistake, had we drafted Jackson, i'd still be ecstatic, because I thought he was a mid first round talent, and didn't dare dream he would even fall. That being said. All 32 teams passed on him.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sorry. There's not a huge difference between PITT and RICE. But, since you're going all out, continue.
    Contradict yourself and call everyone that points it out "moronic". You're gonna win this one.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

USF had a pretty good d last year.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat the rice defense that CJ ran against for 3 yards on 12 carries gave up an average of 226 yards a game on the ground.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alpha so what is your point? MR and fisher are idiots but this year they at least drafted closer to the way most ANAL-ysts ranked the player? They were wrong before but maybe this year they will get it right? And if not just draft another early next year?

Since you are so confident nfl draft countdown know what they are talking about consider that they had desean jackson ranked 25th overall and johnson 49th.

FYI NFLdc had mike jenkins 15th, merling 18th, phillips 20th overall. That's where the value was in that draft because ALL of them were available when we picked. But no we had to draft a damn RB hell or high water. We didn't even need a RB!

This was a dumb pick!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat so what have you offered to this debate? The fact that slaton and johnson suck equally because both couldn't buy a damn yard against suspect defenses? Ok i'll go along with that.

Please provide some evidence that shows you can discern the difference between drafting a player with the 24th pick vs the 84th pick.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I provided the evidence that your entire spill on how CJ will be a bust is now just some personal dislike. Every example you've given, every rant, is now understood as you reaching for ways to backup your reason for disliking the guy...
    because you obviously think another guy (that lost a step) could contribute, even though we can use the same fire to fight his chances in the league.

:)

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What in the hell are you talking about? Go back and read my past posts about the draft. I didn't want us to draft a damn runningback period. If we drafted felix jones i would be saying the same things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar