CJ video ......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bluewaterpirate, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUx9ix-CxbM

No player in college history has a better highlight package than reggie bush. Look at the speed, the sick moves. One breath taking play after another. And how does that translate into the nfl? A 3.7 ypc and even as a receiver a modest career 7.2 yards per catch.

Don't anyone dare tell me that CJ is a better prospect than bush coming out.

Can we please wait until chris johnson plays a few preseason games before we proclaim him to be the next ROY?

I have major concerns about this pick..

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

My major concern is that he looks mad small in stature. Like Roll said, let's see how his speed translates to the NFL where everybody is fast, again, like Reggie Bush found out all too quickly.

My only other concern is the Kid refuses to switch the ball to the correct side when he's running. It stays in his right hand ALL THE TIME!!

3. bluewaterpirate

bluewaterpirate Camp Fodder

Come on Roll you can do better than that

Roll do some homework. In 2006 we pretty much ran the ball by committee and if you'd look at the stat sheet more closely you would have seen that.

ECU was in the 2nd year of rebuiling coming out of terrible five year span of 3 coaches (Logan/Thompson/Holtz), no depth at offensive line plus we had some injuries (CJ turff toe and playing thru a neck injury that required surgery between the 06/07 season). We also had a back, who was a Senior by the B. Fractious that got alot of touches.

CJ had raw talent but until that point had had no real stability at RB's coach. In stepped Junior Smith (ECU all time leader at RB) and started the development of CJ to where he is today. Where CJ is better than Reggie Bush in his heart. Reggie has all the skill sets to play in the NFL but he doesn't appear to have the desire to do the things necessary to step to the next level. CJ has worked his tail off to get to this point and that was obvious looking at the stats in 07. That's where CJ is miles ahead of Reggie.

I have said nothing about a ROY in any of my posts all I have done is provide information and video of CJ. So with that in mind here are some video the 06 season.

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/album/586814/854850#imageID=39748454

As to b-bopping all over the field ...... take a deep breath Roll.

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/album/505485/708661#imageID=32948740

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/album/525584/743859#imageID=34578290

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I was just joking around about the ROY statements. I think most people are concerned about CJ though, including me.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Who gives a flip what RollTide has to say anyway?

Johnson has the skills, speed and work ethic. The coaches now need to coach him up and design plays to get the most out of him. I'm excited and I could care less what Tide thinks.

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

You act like Reggie Bush is the worst NFL player to be drafted. Was he worth the 60+ million contract, at No. 2? HELL NO. However, when he and Deuce McCallister were splitting carries, he was highly effective at creating a spark on offense, and making key plays. If you are trying to tell us that last year you wouldn't want White and Bush splitting carries instead of White and Henry/Brown, then that would be your opinion, but mine would differ. (not tryin to put words in your mouth)

CJ's contract won't be 60+ million, and he isn't the #2 pick. He's the 24th. His contract might not even be a third of what Bush's was.

Anyway, I really do agree that all those proclaiming him ROY to hold off a lil bit, the same with those already proclaiming him Chris Johnson: The Bust.

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

who is going to have a better game August 15? DMac or CJ? I'm really excited about that preseason game.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They also play in the regular season.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Blue pirate.....funny...

I see so the stud RB couldn't distinquish himself from a bunch of scrubs.

Injury prone?

You are blaming a RB coach?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting stat..

Reggie bush 2 seasons 2006 and 2007

312 carries....1146 yards....3.7 average......3 runs of 20 yards+

Lendale white one season 2007..

303 carries...1110 yards.....3.7 average.....4 runs of 20+ yards..

Lendale white has accomplished as much running the football in one season as reggie bush accomplished in 2 seasons! And lendale is the more explosive back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar