CJ: The highest paid scrub in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Go CJ!!!

On pace for 64 yards......this entire season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Which is why I applaud the team for basically abandoning the run game in the second quarter. The run game play calling is absolutely atrocious, however. Palmer is only good for developing young QB prospects. I really hope he is gone after next year.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You guys are being ridiculous. Its obviously the oline when he can run good against poor defenses that have weak d lines. cj is.a type of rb who needs holes. He can't make his own holes by running ppl over

4. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

He used to make his own holes by making defenders miss and accelerating to top speed at the drop of a hat.

I don't see him making anyone miss or that old initial burst anymore.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's our problem. The O-Line is what it is, too late to change it. But not too late to deal :cj:

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't feel like looking for the (multiple) threads, but I just wanted to say that this is exactly why CJ needs to keep his big dumb mouth shut. In the past week or so we had the "I can run a 40 in less than 4 seconds" quote. The "I still can beat Usain Bolt" quote. Then there was him telling a fan to shut up and just being an unprofessional idiot in general.

In all those threads we had people saying "Who cares? Why does it matter that he talks trash?" Well this is exactly why I was saying those were terrible PR moves by CJ. Because he comes out in the SEASON OPENER and rushes for FOUR DAMN YARDS! Makes you look pretty real bad there CJ. Like, I don't know, maybe you don't have your priorities straight or something. Just some food for thought...

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

From a post i just did:

Re-implement Mike's (RIP) system with regards to the run game / blocking. Both CJ and the line looked like garbage today, and i just can't believe its because they all suck. If this persists then the whole lot is to blame - coordinator, line and RB.

1 - CJ is still, every f'in time, looking for the damn long run. Hit the hole hard a couple times as soon as u get the ball and just don't cut back, run it. They expect you to cut back, at any and every chance, so keep 'em guessing with a strait run, just maybe once in a while...maybe.

2 - As for the line, forget trying to get a push, just stop gettin pushed. That 'hook' hold by Hutch was a really bad play. I didn't expect that, even the slightest, from a player of his caliber - his strength is supposed to be run blocking. It was a designed QB run to the left, let the linemen go right and move to the next guy. That play really helped the Pats open it up on us and flip momentum back to them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I know there was 1 run CJ could have took to the house if he ran outside, instead of trying to hop like a Kangaroo.

CJ just needs to understand that a 4 yard run is good, instead of bad. He tends to think that a 4 yard run is a failure.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Ebay it and give $ to charity bro.

10. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Agreed on both counts. The run game would have actually developed if he simply ran straight ahead and took what the defense was giving him. Eventually cut back lanes would open.

Concerning Hutchinson, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next year. He used to be a mauler, relying on his superior strength and athleticism to push defenders in the run game, and those gifts simply are not there anymore. Mental mistakes like that hold are painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar