CJ: The highest paid scrub in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Someone let us know if they really received this jersey.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Also why isn't the o-line brought up when bringing up his YPC since they basically gave CJ negative 20 yards today on 4 or 5 of his carries. It's a joint effort.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hey, I bought low on him this season.

Believe it or not, he actually scored 11 points in my FFL. Definitely not great, but I have seen worse (luckily from my opponent's team LOL).

Bad week one...but lets see how things evolve as the season moves forward before freaking out too much here.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Besides around the 2000 yard season, I don't think anyone ever actually thought CJ was better. AP is the best in the league by far.

5. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

The Vikings and Titans game also showed why Hutchinson was released

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ is the only RB that makes you miss Skip Hicks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I'm real happy a lot of you don't remember that CJ carried this team for years. What's changed since then? The coaching. Matthews and Munch obviously haven't addressed this seeing as how the only rush yards we can depend on come from our QB.

8. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

The o-line run blocking is average at best, 32nd in the league at worst. We all can agree on that.

But I saw running lanes early in the game that would net 3-5 yards, maybe more, if CJ simply committed himself to the hole in front of him and cuts up field. Instead he literally looked for the cut back every single time. Every Patriots defender stayed home, covering every would be cut back lane. This happened all throughout the first half, and by halftime he started curling into a ball every time a defender touched him and stopped moving his feet. Trust me, the offensive line notices this kind of shoddy play. Those small running lanes disappeared when CJ stopped running hard.

The line played hard for Jake all game long. They played hard for Reynaud when he came in. They didn't even try for CJ.

I'm sorry, but this is all on Chris Johnson. He needs to be benched.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What about Rodney Thomas?

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Whats crazy about this is CJ SHOULD BE the highest paid offensive decoy in the league. He isn't. No one is scared of CJ anymore because he is noticably slower and he had his best seasons behind an amazing O line. He even acknowledged that by buying all of his Olinemen watches after his rookie season.

Theres no point in even trying to run the ball in this league. The rules have changes so much.. That you are at a disadvantage if you run the ball more than 10 times a game. The defenders can't touch the QBs and they have to adjust their hits on offensive players just right so that they aren't fined by the league. It makes no sense to run the ball. CJ is useless and the smart ones on the board said that why you guys who clung on to the good ole days with CJ let the game pass them by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar