CJ: The highest paid scrub in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 9, 2012.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

If we aren't going to bother to improve the OL then we need a bigger back who can drag some defenders along with him. CJ can't do anything without good blocking. And our OL obviously can't block. So why are we even bothering to run the ball with CJ?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

Exactly I've been saying this forever. We built our team idiotically from a running perspective. We're trying to fit a square block into a circle hole and we haven't noticed why it won't work yet after 700 days.
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Starter

I guess I'm starting to get tired of CJ but the o line just gets demolished every play. When he's out in space he's a threat but they just got pushed back every single time.
  4. World Peace

World Peace n/a

Chris Johnson got his money and said FU~ Titans. Webster and Reinfeldt should lose their jobs over this
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

Makes perfect sense after everything that has been said about him this offseason. High five! :facepalm:
  6. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

I'm still wondering why we didn't take DeCastro or any of the other highly regarded olinemen in the draft. Team knew it was a problem going forward and all they did was sign a washed up guard and hope Amano and Harris would improve. Those two are who they are.

The line can still pass protect, but good lord, the run blocking is beyond pathetic. Even Stewart is looking not so hot.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Special Teams Standout

I noticed it for sure, but when you demand the kind of check he did in the way he did it, he opens himself up to criticism. This guy had a few good years and got the big head and it turned him into a total ass. IMO, Fisher ran him into the ground and so far Munch is doing the same by trying to run up the middle all the time. So there is plenty of blame to go around. But the way he acted 2 years ago made me really dislike him and nobody is gonna tell me he has good vision. The only thing he has is speed. Good defenses can stop him anytime they want to, and yes, our run blocking is atrocious so that makes them scrubs too. I probably should have included them in my original post.
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Munchak: "Ok, everyone going to San Diego next week, raise your hands"

.... "Chris.. Not so fast."
  9. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

He's not even a threat in open space anymore. When was the last time he made the first defender miss? He was in open space a few times today and the first defender always wrapped him up.
  10. wrench248

wrench248 Starter

Harris and Velasco just got owned today by the Pats D-Line. Nearly every play they got beat or pushed back. I'm no fan of CJ, but today wasnt all of his fault.

The problem CJ had today was trying too many damn cutbacks...