CJ: The highest paid scrub in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm going to go back and watch the game but I didn't see CJ with much room yesterday. It was the same deal as last season. Someone(s) on the OL seemed to blow it.

On the short third down, there was a nice seam and CJ's little stutter step at the LOS kept him from picking up the first down. After the half, the running game was abandoned.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Depends on the backs style. A power back should rarely ever lose yardage regardless of how the line is playing/what scheme the offense uses. Not a speed/quickness back though. You have to know when you sign a guy like that that he can't "push the pile." That your scheme and his teammates MUST create room for him to work. Say whatever you want about not liking CJ's style, but you can't argue that he's ineffective when the scheme and his teammates get him the room he needs. You don't give CJ 50 million dollars to run over people. You give CJ 50 million dollars to use his speed to make 10 yard runs into 70-80 yard runs. Not to make -1 yard runs into 2 yard runs. If there is penetration in the backfield, and multiple missed blocks at he line before CJ gets the ball, it renders him completely ineffective. The coaches knew that, and they knew it was a problem all last season, and it was most certainly not corrected. Tell me more about why we should blame our 200 lb speed back for not trying to run over unblocked DT's, DE's, and MLB's. lol If you guys want to be upset about our RB not fighting for the extra yard, then you should be upset with the front office for choosing to re-sign a speed back to play in a system that calls for a power back. CJ is the type of RB he is, it's not fair to ask him to play like Brandon Jacobs. CJ looked plenty explosive against the Bucs in the preseason. Know why? He had room to use his talent. We might as well just get rid of him if we are going to use this scheme with these linemen imo.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't know why we just keep handing off like normal and have him run up the middle.. the Pitt game a few years ago when the got the pitch left and juked Troy.. why do we not do things like this anymore? We have a mobile QB, why not use that? ...

4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I don't think the Titans need to be completely overhauled, honestly I like the team overall. However, I do think it is time to overhaul our offensive line. I have NEVER in my years as a titans fan ever seen our offensive line get man handled play after play like they were yesterday. If I was grading that unit I would have gave them an 'F'. How can our offensive line fall off this much in two years? Did Mawae really make that much of a difference? What ever it is we need to get it fixed. It is near impossible to sustain any drives in the NFL if your team can not keep QBs upright and open holes for RBs.

I'm not making any excuses for CJ, but let's be real CJ never and never will be a push the pile RB. It's simply not his game. With that being said the offensive line need to do their job and open holes and keep our QBs clean. It was just too many mistakes. I surely hope this team get it together or else I am going to be pissed.

I think someone else said it, the Titans used to be a physical team. There was just no sign of fight in them yesterday. I watched the game and honestly can say I felt like the team gave up! In saying that it isn't all doom and gloom. I think there are a lot of positives to build upon. Overall I think Jake had a pretty good game, but we also had too many dropped balls! Come on guys...we have a young QB our WRs need to help him out and catch cathable balls that are throw their way. Too many easy drops!

I know this is a thread about CJ, but honestly we lost this game as a team. Not one unit out performed the Pats. Offense couldn't sustain drives, defense couldn't get off the field or stop the run (They did slow the passing game down some), and the special teams consistently gave us bad field position. Yeah CJ isn't the only issue and in my opinion we need to address a lot more than him. This team needs to have a fire lit underneath them and establish a mindset that we are not going to let teams come into our home and out class us the way the Pats just did.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Finnegan2win, Kaeotik and Obie09 are spot on in my book. We have a God-awful combination with our run game. First, our OC run CJ up the middle every GD time he is in the single back set. Who the F can't figure out to stuff the gaps with every available warm body. CJ has lost a step and can't get the corner any more (maybe the coaches know that). But you have to get creative with some formations to take advantage of defenses "cheating" the single back set.

It is INEXCUSABLE for a HOF OL Head coach and HOF OL OL coach to have a line with zero interior push and missed assignments for 2 years. We had opportunities to upgrade at Center and we didn't. (FO gets some blame there). They just can't defend these guys any more. Our offensive coaching is GROSSLY deficient. Palmer hasn't stuck anywhere he's been for a reason. He is old and predictable. And let's be painfully honest- he just isn't that bright. Munchak needs to realize that it is time to move on. And I again say- it's time to put Matthews on notice. He didn't do much with the Texans and our OL has certainly took a step backward since he's been here coaching.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need a bruiser to soften the defense up.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We need 2-3 bruisers to play every play of the game if this is the system and linemen we want to use.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What everyone THOUGHT was the problem: Amano and Scott are out of the equation, what's left??? CJ, coaching/scheme, the other washed up/scrub players on our O-line.

We wouldn't have fared any worse with Amano and Scott yesterday.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm not sure an offensive team has blocked that poorly in the running game for 4 quarters in NFL history! Literally.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

....HOW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar