CJ the beastly leader

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520titan, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If by healthy you mean the same player as Peterson was before the catastrophic knee injury 6 months ago, you may be right. Most would take that player over CJ. That player may never play again though. If you think it's a given, or even likely Peterson will ever be the same player again, all I can say is you may want to reevaluate that thought.

BTW, the same reasons you labeled Peterson an all around back (which is funny to me because he's always been an absolutely atrocious 3rd down back and only last season figured out how to hold on to a football) are the reasons he won't last as long as CJ. By that, I mean his powerful running style. Eddie George or Earl Campbell anyone? It always kills me when people talk about Peterson being the more complete back. Why have the Vikings always felt the need to have a Chester Taylor or someone else on the field on 3rd downs then? CJ doesn't have the greatest hands for a RB, but he's most certainly a much better receiver than Peterson. So yes, Peterson runs with more power than CJ. Is he a more complete back than CJ? No. Not at all. Then you have the very unfortunate knee injury that really makes this discussion unnecessary.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I would agree with everything you say. But, CJ's game is 90% speed, and that is the first thing to go in a player. It may already have gone. I certainly hope not.

Anyway, if CJ loses his speed, he really has little else. That was why I was squemish about the deal we gave him.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

From this second onward, every Titan fan will claim the above picture is a photoshop. Do you guys understand?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

He dresses funny, talks funny, and has a weird tick. So F'in what? You guys need to get out more often.

Maurice Jones-Drew is currently holding out. What do you make of him? Of course you'll defend him - he's a RB on a rival team. That seems par for the course around here.

6. Titans Eternal

Thx Guidance Counselor Todd

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think most people could not care less. He is the only offense they have so he will get paid.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Where are CJ's ankles? looks like he has prosthetic feet..

9. Titans Eternal

Ray Lewis took them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It's looked like that since the savages some call the Baltimore Ravens got a hold of his ankle in January of 09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar