CJ the beastly leader

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520titan, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

CJ had to do what he had to do to get money. I don't blame him for it, it is the way the NFL games is played. And if any of you were in his position and just played without fighting for a new contract then you'd be pretty real dumb.

I think he'll be back this year. He'll never have a 2000 yard season again but I'm good with that, he can still be good. At least I sure hope so because it would make a tremendous difference for Locker's future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Because of his mouth. The performance has a part to do with it, as does the hold out, but the guy needs to know when to STFU

That was the worst 4.0 YPC I have seen in my life and it was useless. The guy disappeared against any team worth a crap and padded his stats against nobodies.

AP played in 12 games last season. Very few people would take CJ over AP.

"only 200 yards" and the extra 6 TD's, and not to mention the extra half a yard per carry difference..... well....

I think everyone should, including yourself. CJ was horrible last season. Blame it on the line, blame it on him, doesnt matter. The guy sucked last season despite any stats we see.

Im not a CJ hater, and think he will do well this season if we have a line. However i can easily see why people dont like the guy. Calling out fans. Needs phonics. The list could go on but i dont see the point in bashing the guy TOO much but to sum it up....

His mouth.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I can understand some of your frustration with CJ. Seriously, I can. However, if you think most people wouldn't take the younger healthier Chris Johnson over the older Adrian Peterson, who has taken WAY more big hits in his career, missed WAY more games in his career, and just happened to completely obliterate his knee just 6 months ago, you are most certainly mistaken. Really, you are.

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Last year we had a new HC, OC, no OTAs, a minimized training camp, Jake "I still have not been picked up by a team" Scott and Eugene "Pyle from Full Mental Jacket" Amano as Olinemen, and faced 8 men in a box all season. I will hold judgement bc he is good enough to be a top 5 RB, hands down. This year, he will have no excuses.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You apologize to Vincent D'Onofrio and Stanley Kubrick right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I totally agree with this. But I still feel like the running game wont be that improved this season, we just didnt do enough to address the interior o line. We shouldve drafted a center at some point and Harris has only been good with spot play, not as a full time starter

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans saw almost zero 8 man fronts from the pissburg game on

neither of you watched the games if you think opposing Ds were going out of their way too stop CJSideways

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Dont get me wrong, I believe much of CJ's problems was due to the line and he will bounce back next season.

However with the AP vs CJ debate:

AP March 21 1985

CJ Sept 23 1985

CJ isnt that much younger. 6 months to be exact.

The career average for both is 4.8 ypc.

AP had 12 TD's last season, injured. CJ, 4.

CJ had his 2k year, 2500 yard from scrimmage. However after that one year, he had one year with 1609 YFS. AP's lowest year was 1609, aside from his injury year.

AP out performs CJ in every aspect of the game. (although its close in most categories) I completely understand and agree about the injury part, definitely would be concerned about AP's knee.

I think more people will take a healty AP over a healthy CJ than you think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and thats fine but I see the two in completely different circumstances.

If CJ has another down year like last season, he wont be here for his price tag and wont be number one anywhere after that.

AP will be the starter somewhere for the next 3-4 years. (all "what ifs" and injuries aside)

CJ has been a speed back. AP is an all around back.

My hope? I hope CJ shuts the comparisons up next season, cause he plays for us.

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Project Pat had a song out about CJ years ago. He called it "show dem golds"

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I need to hear this song...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar