CJ spotted working out at the Titans facility.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Non-issue. He probably was in town and needed to lift one day and knew he could get in over at BSP without any hassles.

His agent probably heard about it and said "you can't appear to be backing off by going out there" so he denied it. Pretty stupid all around.

I'm just glad he's working out and couldn't care less where it's happening.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay so I think C.J. is lying about this now. He was with Griff last night and Griff is home in TN.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The odds are that "they" aren't starting rumors about anything. Multiple sources confirmed that CJ was at the Titans' facility. It's not being reported as a rumor, it's being reported as fact. It's only interesting because CJ is denying it.

As Jeff said, CJ is denying it because he can't look like he's caving. It would erode a lot of his support, and PR is important if they actually want him to get a deal done this offseason.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Chris Johnson works out at Titans facility; Lies about it?

EDIT: WOOPS sorry, didn't see the other thread...

Jul. 1 - 4:56 pm et
    Jul. 1 - 7:16 pm et
    Jul. 1 - 10:30 pm et
    Interesting..

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I originally thought these reports were make believe. Then I realized C.J. was with Griff last night. The key to this is; where was Michael Griffin at last night? Answer that and you'll know if these rumors are rumors or if there's a real story here.

6. Kent

Kent Camp Fodder

In my mind this whole thing is plain stupid. Fisher should not be on Vacation, he should be flying his rear to where ever CJ is and get this thing ironed out. I relies the Titans are in a tuff spot as fare as the rules go with paying this guy. They should give all that they can according to rules and make up the rest with signing bonus. I typically like the Titans cheap style, but this is an elite player that is feared in the league, we have not had one in a long time and we do not need to be finding another.
    BUD STEP IN PAY HIM

7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Any one else a bit tired of CJ?

I mean really.. just shut up and play. For the most part, the Titans hands are tied.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't get why so many of you are bashing CJ over this.

The way I see it, he's a player who really want to be with his teammates. Deep down, he is a competitor. He probably misses being at BSP and stopped by for a quick workout.

Then his agent found out about it, realized that it would hurt his negotiating leverage and told him to deny deny deny. I'm starting to wonder whether his agent is behind this holdout. If he is, I expect it will be a very short holdout once training camp starts and CJ sees his teammates out on the field without him.

I might be too optimistic here, but at least it's more fun to see the sunny side of things.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The good news is, he was NOT spotted riding shotgun with Chris Simms on their way to Michael Vicks birthday party...:icon_spin

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

ChrisJohnson28

Its a false rumor I didn't workout at the titans facility today

Chris twitted that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar