CJ spotted working out at the Titans facility.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Chris Johnson was spotted "twice" working out at the Titans' practice facility this week.
    PFT admits that the meaning of C.J.'s presence "isn't currently known," but it's a potential sign that he's slowly backing off his holdout threats. Johnson isn't going to get the raise he wants, so he'll likely report to the Titans permanently before the August 10 deadline for earning an accrued season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/01/chris-johnson-works-out-at-titans-facility/

Good i hope CJ shows up July 31st.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's not going to hold out. He'll lose $5,000 for every day of camp he misses. If he misses all of camp he could lose out on a good portion of his season's pay.

3. jessestylex

i heard he would lose $11,500 every day he misses?

4. jessestylex

Chris Johnson denies a report that he worked out at the Titans' facility twice this week.

Johnson told the Tennessean via text message that Profootballtalk.com's report was "false," and says he hasn't been in Nashville since a June 16 football camp. "I am in Orlando, Fla. The rumors, those are lies," Johnson said. "I’ve just been chilling, working out and grinding. I am not sure about an agreement of a contract right now. I am just working out to be ready."

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Way to ruin it, CJ.

I almost started respecting you again.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I thought it was $15k per day missed.

He's a moron. If he does hold out, that's his problem. He'll miss out on training, won't be 100%, and if he ends up leaving the team, he will suffer greatly. Over 90% of offensive lines in the league are worse than the Titans'. Good luck!

7. jessestylex

The Nashville Tennessean has confirmed a Profootballtalk.com report that Chris Johnson did, indeed, work out at the Titans' facility this week.
    Why Johnson would lie about it is unclear. The report from Titans beat writer Jim Wyatt cites multiple sources. Coach Jeff Fisher, currently on vacation, did not return to meet with Johnson. This was believed to be C.J.'s first trip to Baptist Park since the end of the 2009 season. "I said I didn't work out there," he reiterated to Wyatt late Thursday. "I don't owe you or Tennessee no explanation. I don't want to talk about Titans or contract period."

man he is sounding like a big tool now.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Not according to those geniuses over there at Fox Sports. To them, the Titans are a Pop Warner team.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Smear campaign going on.

Take it to the table boys and get be done with this chit.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

How about Johnson just show up at camp and STFU

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar