CJ Skipping Workouts with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Oh yea a decoy.Yup lets put our star running back in while he's hurt to be a decoy. That way he can aggravate it while faking a run or on a block and we lose him for next season. Also if he's in as a decoy, how are we going to run the ball? Have Kerry scramble? Come on man if your going to hate on someone then have a good reason.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You could tell he was bad hurt, the way he was standing on it...:suspect:

Having a run decoy means you don't run...think before you hate...

3. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

You'll completely change your mind after his first 100+ yard game.

4. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

He obviously was hurt bad enough to miss the rest of the game.... and PRO BOWL!!! C'mon Hoffa... the dude was hurting you try going back in against a highly ranked defense on a highly sprained ankle... you'll be running off the field crying for your momma in a quick second. lol :)

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

no one goes to the pro bowl...bad point.

he should have gone back in. i agree with the hof on this one!

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Ray Lewis got into Eddie's head, but Eddie stood up and got back in Ray's face.

I think Ray might have gotten into CJ's head, and CJ chose to sit it out on the sidelines.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

if 51 of the 53 guys on the team are there, and the only other guy besides yourself is not there because of contractual issues........IT'S MANDATORY!! I will agree that if half the team was there it is not a big deal, but when you are the only one not there and your a Rook and this will be your 1st offseason, that is a big mistake.

For those who said it doesn't matter if he's there or not because of what he's done to this point.......BS.......he hasn't done anything but been born.....with great speed. Now he needs to be in the program to strengthen his body for the pro game. To get tough so that he won't miss the second half of the biggest game of the year because he "tweaked" an ankle. Get tough Nancy. That was a big disappointment.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Veterans don't always go to the Pro Bowl. But how often do you see rookies back out of their first opportunity to go the Pro Bowl?

Have any of you guys who say he should've went back in ever had a sprained ankle? How's he going to be a "decoy" and throw off defenses if he has to limp out to the huddle? I'm sure Ray Lewis would have really bit if CJ limped past Kerry on a playaction. Even if your ankle is sprained, you don't sit down though. First of all, it would tighten up even more. Second of all, if you're sitting on the bench you can't see the game. Standing on a sprained ankle doesn't mean you can play on it.

But that was because of Young's need to learn the new playbook, and the difficulty that comes with learning a system as a quarterback. CJ seems to have a grip on the playbook; he just needs to get stronger. Those are two different situations.
    And at least Young had a good reason for not coming in. I can't fault a man for trying to finish his degree.

It's April! Even the worst spained ankle possible would be healed in 4 months.

I agree. He is the only player who is not there. What does that say to those other guys? I know what I would be thinking. It seems very self-centered to me. It also really alarms me that the first guy CJ compares himself to is TO. That's not good. With that said, it's not the end of the world by any means, and it's very possible that nothing ever comes of this. But it is concerning at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I agree, I will not make this out to be an end of the world scenario, but I also thought last year that VY missing the workouts was considerably under-valued. The thing is, CJ has said and done all the right things since he was drafted, this I think just comes to much more of a surprise that he made this decision. It reminds me of when Edgerrin James would rather stay in Miami and work out with a bunch of crackheads than come and workout with his teammates and people actually "conforming" with society. Not to say that CJ is hanging with the wrong crowd, but here in Nashville, you wouldn't even have to think about that because he'd be with KB, KVB, Finnegan and Griffin, guys we know who stay out of trouble and who not only work their butts off on field/weightroom, but also use this time to connect with the community and the Titan overall positive image.

I hope I'm wrong about the meanings of these workouts; but I also don't want to hear one single story or incident pertaining to CJ and the same ankle he injured in the Playoffs later on down the road.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I should let this drop, but oh well here goes...

No, it's "voluntary". It doesn't matter how many people show up, you saying it's mandatory does not make it so.

Will it still matter to you when CJ is having a repeat performance of last season?

If CJ gets injured, or has a worse performance in 2009, will you really be blaming him skipping voluntary workouts as the main reason?

I strongly disagree with you and Hoffa on this one. Who are we, watching from the stands or our TVs, to judge a player's injury and the intensity of that injury?

I think we all remember watching a few Ravens try to twist his ankle and injure him after the play was over. That may have something to do with it.

And besides, I can think of several players and coaches I would blame before CJ regarding the Ravens playoff loss.

Someone made the comparison to TO. A few things we know about TO: He's always in shape, and he'll definitely play through pain. As long as CJ takes those characteristics, and not the "drama-side" of TO... then he'll be just fine.

This is one of those stories that we passionate fans put too much emphasis on. We see these million dollar athletes and think "if I were in their position, I would do everything and anything for the sport and the money". But that's some of our team homerism and personal envy speaking.

The truth is, this story is ALMOST completely meaningless. Come September, no one will remember or care about this story. This is just offseason fodder.

(Again, if a player misses mandatory functions, its a different story.)

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar