CJ needs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

128 yards for 2,000
    234 to break Dickerson's record
    75 yards to break Faulk's record.

All are possible against the Seahawks. I imagine the team will do all it can to get it done.

2. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

i think he will break 2,000 and get Faulk's record but wont get Dickerson's record

3. DaKid937

DaKid937 Camp Fodder

How awesome would it be for him to break AP's single game rushing record, break the 2,000 yard mark, and break dickerson & faulks records?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I can see fisher getting a 3pt lead after the first drive and sitting CJ to run out the clock for 3 qtrs with White and Ringer.

At this point any bizarre stubborn BS is posssible from Fisher.He certainly ruined Xmas.

5. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I think he will break Faulk's record and get to 2,000 yards, but I think he falls short of Dickerson's record. The only way i say that CJ has a shot at the record is if Seattle comes out and says the heck with it, since it is the last games of the season and they have nothing to play for.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

They will have something to play for: not letting CJ smash every record in the book on their watch. I'd imagine thats a point of focus for them right now

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher honestly HAS to make this game about Chris Johnson if he plans on him sticking around past his current contract. How often does 2000 yards rushing happen? Not often and maybe never again for Chris. This is as important to us the fans as it seems to be to C.J.. Fisher won't let him come out and say it, but all he cares about is his individual numbers when were 7-9.

I HOPE he gets past 2000 and would be as happy as you can be at 8-8 if he did. If he broke the record then this season wasn't a waste.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Exactly. If Fisher wants to stay in Tennessee, he needs to win back some fans' approval. So making sure CJ gets 2000 and even a shot at Dickerson's record should be a major priority for him in week 17 since that is really all most Titans fans care about at this point. I'd rather see us get smashed again as long as CJ gets 2000.

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

It's not just CJ's record. It's Mawae's, Roos', Stewart's, et al. Coach Fisher will do everything to get those records. 8-8 again is not what I wanted to see. But this has been an unbelievable season. None of us will forget this one. And the last thing Coach would do is to mess up the best part of it for everyone.
    I wouldn't want to be the Seahawks right now.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

:evil: Probably.

Strangely though, I said it was impossible, but with the circumstances I'm changing my stance. The whole attitude after 59-0 is that we have nothing to lose, yet we found ourselves in the playoff hunt and that changed. We're eliminated now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do everything they can to sneak some big plays in there. But it won't be easy. Seattle is susceptible to giving up 3 milestones in 3 hours. They're not going to be willingly "that team".

30 carries, definitely. I say he gets 2k guaranteed. I'd like to see him get 300 and take both records though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar