CJ looks forward to facing 4-3 defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After facing five straight opponents that play a “3-4” defense, the Titans will finally run into a more traditional “4-3” defense this week in Seattle.

That sounds like good news to Titans running back Chris Johnson, who’s averaged just 3.1 yards per carry through five contests against the 3-4 opponents. Johnson has been held to 38 yards on 25 carries the last two weeks.

“It’s difficult because they move around a lot and jump around a lot,” Johnson said of the 3-4 linebackers. “But when you got those four (defensive linemen) with their hands on the ground, it makes it a little easier.”

Playing against a 4-3 defense might also benefit the Titans’ offensive linemen, who practice against a 4-3 defense every day.

“It’s crazy because in the basics of football, you’re usually going against four down linemen,” Johnson said. “But in this new day and age, a lot of defenses are turning to the three down linemen and the stand-up end. So we’ll get back to the basics (against Seattle) and hopefully that will make us get back on our keys and not make as many mental mistakes.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Is it that hard to round up enough practice squad guys to make a 3-4 D just to give them some looks during the week? Better than preparing for a defense that isn't going to be run.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Grasping at straws.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Time to put up.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Just the latest fly on the cj1yd dung heap.

I am looking forward to the SI swimsuit edition too. Dont think i am gona score though, or even get to the secondary with a big one. Lol

Ho hum.

6. Carolina

Carolina Starter

Well, maybe he will go for 200 yards and 4 tds...shut everyone the hell up.

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I've been out of town for the past 3 games; how is the O-line performing? Some articles have indicated that Rob Turner and Chance Warmack are struggling. Is it really the RB's fault?

8. Carolina

Carolina Starter

Turner sucks, Warmack is a beast. It is not really CJs fault that I've seen. Hard to run when you get hit in the backfield, but then when he finally gets a hole he is hesitant.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anyone calling Warmack a beast has been watching his Alabama tape instead of Titans games.

• High Five High Five x 9
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Turner is Amano 2.0... he's literally that bad. I never thought it could get as bad as Amano. Well, he's just as bad.

Anytime we're in Shotgun formation, I hold my breath because I am terrified Turner will snap it over our QB's head. It will happen... just wait for it.

Warmack has been a disappointment, but he's just a rookie. He'll get better. Not sure how much better, but at worst he'll be an average guard in the league, and that's not bad. He's likely not worth the #10 pick. And I was on record saying I wanted either Jordan, Ansah, Lotulelei, or Floyd. Just sayin'.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar