CJ is making history....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Its weird... You listen to the national media and they love our O line and say that it could go against any D line in the league... I listen to Colin Cowherd at lunch and I've heard him say it atleast 3-4 times. Then you come here and all the local meatballs thinks everyone on our O line is a buncha bums.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it's called covering your :moon2:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you thinking we might have a few intentional whiffs to send CJ a message?

Maybe that's what has been going on.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have wondered about that, except the interior O Line stunk last year also.

Not sure what I would think about it if that were going on...part of me understands some frustration there, but they are all still professionals and should act like it IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

If we have a competent coaching staff and CJ is not a flash in the pan, here is where they earn respect. Professionals should be able to adjust. That includes the offensive line too. If they can't do it, then they are not earning their keep. ESPECIALLY CJ!!!

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

UGHHHHH. Ringer is NOT making 30 million.

That's what the CJ fanboys don't get. People aren't just simply saying "Chris Johnson sucks, we don't want him on our team". It's disapointing when a back who's rushed for 2,000 yards, and held out for playmaker money is becoming the next in a very long line of talented players not living up to their potential.

If this were Javon Ringer or any other generic NFL running back with no name recognition it would be less of a blow. It's the fact that CJ IS a talented player. He wanted to be paid (overpaid, in my opinion, but if we her producing I could live with that) for his talents. And now that he got paid, he's underachieving like we've never seen before. And we've seen great talents underachieve brilliantly here in Tennessee.

I think the bulk of us WANT to see CJ succeed, but bottom line, if you're the highest paid player at your position and you're F-ing up at historical levels, you can't blame the line, you can't blame the lockout, you can't blame the coaches. A player at CJs caliber is expected to make plays. Hence the term "playmaker".

I hope he gets it together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar