CJ Is Hurting Our Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well, I'm about balls deep in a crow burger right now because I was completely gassed up about CJ during the offseason and he has done NOTHING this year. Granted, I do feel like a LOT of his lack of success has to do with Jeff Fisher. He runs him when everyone knows we're going to run him. He never tries to open up the running game by passing. More or less he's just a conservative coach who think the 1970's strategy of running until you cant run anymore will win for us. He's a moron.

Nevertheless....CJ is just costing our team possessions. He can't get anything going against anyone. Last year I would have expected close to 200 yards from CJ in this game. This year I'm really not surprised by his lackluster performance. Jeff is running him into the ground, and CJ's not making plays. Hell, Javon Ringer has looked like the best running back on our team during his limited role this season.

I know what has to happen, but it won't. We need to shift our offensive strategy and adjust to what defenses are doing (what a joke). Everyone in the NFL has a simple gameplan for stopping us: stack the box and blitz. Unless Jeff Fisher can realize that and develop a gameplan that starts with passing the ball (again, a joke) then IDK if CJ will ever see the success he had last year. We simply have to open up the passing game or we will be a 7-9 team.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't think CJ is hurting the team it's Jeff Fisher's total and complete dependence on CJ. If CJ doesn't break an 80 yard run then he's clueless. He looks at CJ as 1 automatic long TD each week and he's not. And since we have no change of pace back (clears throat) then we have no offensive game plan. And what kills me is the one big run we did have, he only has 2 carries. Unreal.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Yea its not Cjs fault I think his doing what Fish tells him to do.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Helps if Jake Scott and Leroy Harris know who to block.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I wouldn't say he is killing this team, but he surely isn't helping it either.

It's just frustrating to always be at 3rd and long because of the lack of positive yards on 1st and 2nd downs.

6. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

with CJ there are 8 to 9 in the box every play....every play.
    We arent surpising anyone with our plays...it is CJ left, right or up the middle.
    There isnt a man out there that can do anything against even a decent defense when their key is to stop you. CJ is the best player on this team....period. Defenses try to stop him and then worry about anything and everyone else second...
    CJ will never be our problem....you need to understand the game that is being played inside of every down...instead of just looking at a stat sheet or his average per run or how many yards he has after the game is over

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Everyone is lining up to stop CJ. That's no secret. You can't keep the defense honest unless you unhandcuff the QB and have a legitimate deep threat. Sadly, the law firm of Gage, Britt & Washington should be disbarred. How many times have they dropped/let it go thru their hands on a perfect VY Bomb. VY can get the ball there but that does no good unless the guys can catch it.

Defenses will line up to stop CJ and take their chances on getting burned because Gage Britt and Washington aren't burning anyone and they know Fisher won't let VY throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Guys...he hasn't averaged over 3.9 yards per carry since we play Chokeland. If we're going to let CJ carry this offense then he needs to produce yards. We all love seeing him bust off huge runs, but as Gloat has said a billion damn times, and as I've argued a billion myself, the dude just doesn't get consistent yards. And Jeff doesn't have the ability to see what is and isn't working and adjust. Again, it's not all CJ's fault. Our OLine has clearly taken a step back and Jeff is an idiot. But CJ isn't making much of an argument and he also has to be held accountable

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I actually don't recall any drops today.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

I could get cj 150 total yards per game easy. It would involve not running him in between the tackles 20 times vs 8 in the box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar