CJ is going to lead the league in rushing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Our front office are idiots. Instead of resigning Jake Scott, who without a doubt would perform well, they will let him go and take a step back on the OL. If we keep him and draft a guy then we will limit ourselves to one inexperienced/less-skilled player on the OL. Then next year or the year after when our draftee OL develops we can draft another and keep an experienced/skilled OL. Keeping Scott is well worth the dinero. Loosing someone like him could mean turmoil for the entire offense.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

To an extent, absolutely.

Keep in mind CJ was trying to become the highest paid running back in the history of the NFL. It wasn't a normal holdout.

He had every right to ask for more money after 2009... And he was still being underpaid until now. I would've been more than willing to give him $8mil a year for what he's done for the team, but $13mil was insane and shows his ego overrides his passion for the game.

It's a business. I get it. But you don't have to be an arrogant d*ck and act like you're the best player in the league.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I disagree. I think its about $$$$$$. Greed.

Even though I agree with much of what you just said here and theres a lot of good points, I still dont believe he ever "stopped trying"

Want to say CJ is greedy, Id agree. want to say hes an idiot, Id agree.

What I dont agree with is that he just stopped trying or lost his heart.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:sad2:

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Jake Scott would do himself well if he just retired. He did not help out at all last year.

6. Alzarius

Scott was not good last year.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Bottom line is that our OLine is going to have some turnover in the middle, that's gonna give the CJ nutswingers the excuse they need when he has another poor year. I don't see CJ doing anything special anymore, the fame's gone to his head just like Desean Jackson.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Agree completely.

9. Alzarius

Thats not what all of us, or at least me, think. I dont want to make excuses for CJ because he is part of the problem. However, all you had to do is look at the tape that was posted here for part of the year. I have never had a special bias for the guy. In fact, I was against him until that person started posting a video of CJ and every run. Then you could stop it, take a look at it, and see that the Oline was clearly, and without a doubt, the biggest problem. Sure, ive seen a video or two where it breaks down CJ having 5-10 bad runs where he screwed up. So sure, if you want to base your opinion off of that if you want but he had 262 carries this season. It could be spun either way with a highlights video. However watching the video several times each week, it just became obvious to me.

If CJ doesnt do well next season, line doesnt matter, he isnt worth the money he is making. If he doesnt become what he says he is, which is a playmaker, then he needs to go so the money can be spent elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar