CJ Irony: Rolexes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i just had a question, this guy's contract is tiny in comparison to most of the line's - five-year, $12 million contract with $7 million guaranteed. our tackles make over 40M, Jake Scott got a nice one too, and mawae i think we paid him good to pick him up on top of his huge contracts before joining us. amano would be the only one who isnt a multi-multi-millionaire and harris too - i think he said he buys gifts for all of them starters or not correct??

has he signed any mega sponsors? any1 seen him on commercials yet? where is he gettin his money?

i dont live these i dont know these things.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Where does he get his money? The dude earns more in a week then we will earn in 20 years.

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

CJ said in an interview after the Seattle game that hes doing a commercial for Johnson & Johnson health care products starring himself and Andre Johnson.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris is severely underpaid. I'm one who feels if a player out performs his contract, then he should quickly be compensated. C.J. has money, he's not Mike Tyson he'll be smart with what he has. Rolexes don't go for 'that' much in comparison to other high end watches. He saved money by getting away from that car idea. And while they (O-Line) may be super millionaires, it's more the gesture than the price tag.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ohh yeah i actually remember that. and i think there was talk with nike for a cj2k shoe if i remember correctly; read it on twitter between CJ and Grif. might have been a joke though, not 2 sure though.

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

You'd think that companies would be jumping at the opportunity to sponsor one of only 6 guys in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards in a season. Not to mention that yards from scrimmage record. Something about being on the Titans that doesn't get you much publicity (aside from Vince) ...we need a couple more night games next season so the world can get a full view of CJ.

We need to step up our night game performances though :ha: 1-3 in them this year.

I hope they make the game against Dallas on a Sunday Night, partially because I'll be making the trip to the big D :)

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did Jamal Lewis get any type of deals after his 2000?

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He wasn't exactly marketable for several reasons...

1. He did time

2. He was more of a power back so didn't have the flash other backs have

3. he played for baltimore and that automatically makes him homosexual

• High Five High Five x 7
  9. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Did Jamal Lewis break the yards from scrimmage record? :)

10. DaKid937

DaKid937 Camp Fodder

CJ isn't the most 'marketable' guy.....he isn't very fluid with his speech and he isn't good looking.

Also, he has gold teeth and alot of people will look at that and automatically assume he's 'ghetto' or something like that

As great of a player he is and will be, don't expect him to ever be the coverboy of the NFL or get alot of entertainment exposure like peyton manning,tom brady, LT, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar